I paid my sons bailiff debt. He doesn't live at address

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Mum

I paid my sons bailiff debt. He doesn't live at address

Post by Mum »

So. I got terrified by a nasty bailiff early this morning. presented me with a warant of control of property for my son who doesn't live at my address. The bailliff said he is registered with the courts here. He will be back with the police to seize cintrol of goods in my property and he will gain entry whether I am here or not and he is taking things today. I have 2 little boys here and a single parent, so i got scared and paid the debt to stop him coming back. Was he telling the truth? ALSO
Ive been advised by debt charity to get an affidavit sworn at a court or solicitor to state the goods in my house are my own so they cant do this to me again. Does anyone have any information regarding how to do this please?
Thsnkyou
monkeynuts
Site Admin

Re: I paid my sons bailiff debt. He doesn't live at address

Post by monkeynuts »

Hi

I noticed you posted this on several sections. So could you confirm what the debt was in relation to?

If the debt is not yours then you had no legal obligation to pay and the bailiff acted unlawfully.

There is redress available to you and we can hopefully assist you in getting the redress.

If the debt was for a traffic debt then this information is of use:
https://stopthebailiffs.uk/bailiff-forc ... goods.html

If the debt was from a magistrates court (ie a fine) then there is information here:
https://stopthebailiffs.uk/bailiff-took ... -debt.html

If you can post up images of any documents left by the bailiff (cover personal details) I will endeavour to assist.
On the path to become an 'activist lawyer'

Welfare advisor at national charity

An awake populous is a bailiffs worst nightmare
Mum

Post by Mum »

Yes I'm sorry about that. I wasn't sure how the site worked.. posted 3 by mistake. It was a hmcts debt for h being overweight in his work lorry a few years ago. I will post the warrant when I get it. My son has it with him atm.
monkeynuts
Site Admin

Post by monkeynuts »

OK no worries. So as its a Magistrates court fine then this advice is what you should follow:

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/bailiff-took ... -debt.html

Code: Select all

[name]

[address]

Legal Department
[bailiff company name]
[bailiff company address]
[bailiff company postcode]

BY PRE-PAID FIRST CLASS POST AND BY EMAIL

bailiff@company.com

By Text message to [name of bailiff] on [mobile]

[dd mmmm yyyy]

Dear Sir,

Letter of Claim

I write following your attendance on [date] at [location] by your enforcement agent [name] calling a debt owed by someone else.

The enforcement agent took from me the sum of £[amount] under the pain of taking my belongings and refusing to leave the property until I was forced into giving a money transfer.

I enclose evidence of the flow of money being claimed.

Please return the money to the account details below before 14 days from this letter.

Account number 00000000

Sort Code 00-00-00

Account Name [your name]

Yours sincerely,

[name]
On the path to become an 'activist lawyer'

Welfare advisor at national charity

An awake populous is a bailiffs worst nightmare
Mum

Post by Mum »

Ok thankyou