leeds magistrates/Marston

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
rowly54321

leeds magistrates/Marston

Post by rowly54321 »

Can anyone help me out.

I had a speeding fine issued by Leeds Magistrates courts, I had been in hospital and payments had fallen behind i got a letter of Collective/Marston asking me to pay the outstanding £149 which i set up a payment plan to pay the amount owe as i had been in hospital and not working. I had made the first payment of 44.70 and then had 3 payments of 34.77 these payments where due on the 28th, So on the 28th of November i made and payment of 75 which left 29.30 outstanding. I did the payment as a bank transfer on my phone, But today i had a call of one of there guys saying that there where at my house and there to take good for unpaid fine i explained that the payment of 75 was made on Friday the 28th, but as it was a the weekend the money didn't hit there account till the Monday.

Now they're depending i pay 260 or there will take goods from my house. i have mental issues my brother has told leeds courts and Marston about my health issues.

If i paid the remaining 29.30 to the courts would that get rid of Marston taking goods from the house.

Sorry for the bad spelling.
zeke

Re: leeds magistrates/Marston

Post by zeke »

If you pay the amount outstanding to the court, you must give notice to the bailiff - otherwise he is not liable for damages if he takes an enforcement step.

Here is a template letter notice.

https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Te ... otice.html
rowly54321

Post by rowly54321 »

Would a simple text message give him notice also have sent the email to the Marston custom help team.
zeke

Post by zeke »

A text message is fine, provided...

. It contains enough information about the debtor and the fine.
. You keep a screenshot of the sent text message.
rowly54321

Post by rowly54321 »

i was just going to text him the same as the email,
also just had a call of him saying his going to see me at 11AM today.
zeke

Post by zeke »

If you're not there, then he will have a long wait.