Marston holdings name on final notice doesn't live at address help!

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Debl2765

Marston holdings name on final notice doesn't live at address help!

Post by Debl2765 »

If anyone can give me advice on this I'd be very grateful.
I came back from holiday on 23rd Oct to find a final notice from Marstons on the doorstep in the name of a friend who doesn't live here and never has but he has gone through a few upheavals, so been using the address as a postal address only. It's apparently for a HMCTS unpaid driving fine. I called the bailiff immediately and told him that the friend doesnt live here (nor does he have any belongings here) he said he was going to come and break my door down as I was lying. I'm not, I am a single woman in my mid 50's living alone. I phoned Marstons they said they could do nothing, as it's now in the hands of their EA. No sign of a letter btw giving warning that this would happen, had another letter through the door this was 13th Nov, exactly the same as the last one, called Marstons again, they say I should be able to show the EA my sole occupier council tax bill, and this should suffice, I am not convinced of this, the EA was very aggressive when I spoke to him on the phone.
Any help, ideas, of how I can stop Marstons visits, gratefully received, is it worth trying to contact the court, don't know which one it is though, or a way of verifying it's a legitimate fine, says it's from Apil 2014.
Many thanks
zeke

Re: Marston holdings name on final notice doesn't live at address help!

Post by zeke »

Stop contacting the bailiff company. They will mess you about.

Do not contact the court or the fines officer, they will mess you about as well.

You make a statutory declaration and keep a copy inside the front door.

If a bailiff turns up, keep the chain on the door and slide the notice to the bailiff and ask them to quietly leave the property.

Take photos of the bailiff using your mobile.

I've attached a Template affidavit.

It must be sworn in by any solicitor, the fee is usually £5 and take photo ID with you.

Then take photos of the sworn affidavit and email a picture of it to the bailiff company at customercare@marstongroup.co.uk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Debl2765

Re: Marston holdings name on final notice doesn't live at address help!

Post by Debl2765 »

Thank you so much for this. I shall find a solicitor asap.
Deborah