Collectica £1121 fine help needed please

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
MrB

Collectica £1121 fine help needed please

Post by MrB »

Hi guys have received this letter today (attached) out the blue which has stressed me out. I do not not know what the fine is for nor do i have any idea of what i could have done for me to receive this fine.

I have not called the company to ask them what it is for and i have been unable to contact the court as it is Sunday.

I have done some reading online and have a few questions regarding my next steps, would appreciate any guidance / help as this has not happened to me before.

I assume my first step is to make that statutory declaration via recorded delivery and email - i am not sure who to send it too if anyone is aware of the address and email would be much appreciated.

i have attached the statutory declaration form is this the right one ? i am unsure where to find the following information to complete the form
Original Case Number:
Account reference number:
New Case number:

Also unsure what to put in this section

Convicted at:
Magistrates’ Court
Magistrates’ Court, or
address of solicitor or Commissioner for Oaths
This declaration was made at:
Under section 14 or section 16E, Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980

Do i just write "letter from Collectica received at my residence" with date for section below?

3. I found out about the case on (date) because: Explain briefly how you found out. If you use an electronic version of this form, the space beneath will expand.1 If you use a paper version and need more space, use the back of the form.

For the form to be sworn in before a solicitor, do i just call any local solicitor for this, is this still £5 usually?

i am planing to get this sent off by special delivery on Monday, and make several copies of the letter, if i do get visited by the bailiffs do i just produce this letter and they should leave? as i have read some shocking stories of the behaviour of some of the enforcement agents and cannot afford to have my car being clamped as i will not be able to get to work.

finally, do i need to send a separate letter to go with this form via email and post? as i have seen various templates online. If so is the one below suitable?

To:
A Designated Officer of the Court
[Name of Sentencing Magistrates Court]
[Address of court]

STATUTORY DECLARATION

Section 14 Magistrates' Courts Act 1980
Rule 24.16 Criminal Procedure Rules

I: [YOUR NAME] [DOB] residing at [YOUR ADDRESS AND POSTCODE]

DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT:

I was unaware that I had been convicted until i received a letter from Enforcement Agent [BAILIFF COMPANY] on [DATE], and I hereby make this solemn declaration by obligation under section 14(1) of the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980 to bring this fact to the attention of a designated officer of the court within 21 days of becoming aware of my entitlement to make this declaration.

I cannot enter a plea because I have not been shown evidence of the offence I am accused.

I further make this solemn declaration under Section 7 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835 believing the same to be true.

This document is delivered addressed to the designated officer of the court by Royal Mail recorded delivery service pursuant to section 14(1)(2) of the MCA 1980.

DECLARED AT: ________________________

SIGNED: ______________________________

DATE: _________________________________

Before me: ______________________________ Solicitor/Commissioner for Oaths

Any help will be greatly appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrB

Re: Collectica £1121 fine help needed please

Post by MrB »

hi,

Update: after making some enquires this seems to be for a MS90 driving offence which happened in 2018 in a vehicle that i have no knowledge off, letters were sent to an address in Yorkshire agin where i have never lived

what are my next steps
zeke

Post by zeke »

You make another section 14 stat dec.
MrB

Post by MrB »

what address do i send it to?
zeke

Post by zeke »

Any magistrates court, they all share the same information, terminology and IT system.

The law does nor specify any particular magistrates court.

If you cant fine a particular one then send it to: Historic Debts team Port Talbot Justice Centre Harbourside Road Port Talbot SA13 1SB
MrB

Post by MrB »

Is the letter below ok to send? or do i need to send another document ?

To:
A Designated Officer of the Court
[Name of Sentencing Magistrates Court]
[Address of court]

STATUTORY DECLARATION

Section 14 Magistrates' Courts Act 1980
Rule 24.16 Criminal Procedure Rules

I: [YOUR NAME] [DOB] residing at [YOUR ADDRESS AND POSTCODE]

DO SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT:

I was unaware that I had been convicted until i received a letter from Enforcement Agent [BAILIFF COMPANY] on [DATE], and I hereby make this solemn declaration by obligation under section 14(1) of the Magistrates’ Courts Act 1980 to bring this fact to the attention of a designated officer of the court within 21 days of becoming aware of my entitlement to make this declaration.

I cannot enter a plea because I have not been shown evidence of the offence I am accused.

I further make this solemn declaration under Section 7 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835 believing the same to be true.

This document is delivered addressed to the designated officer of the court by Royal Mail recorded delivery service pursuant to section 14(1)(2) of the MCA 1980.

DECLARED AT: ________________________

SIGNED: ______________________________

DATE: _________________________________

Before me: ______________________________ Solicitor/Commissioner for Oaths
zeke

Post by zeke »

Thats the one.