Ccj

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
BlancaM

Ccj

Post by BlancaM »

Wondering if anyone can help, I had a ccj for a debt and last month it was removed due to the 6 years had lapsed. Now the creditors are still continuing to send me letters asking me to pay for this debt, it has been more than 6 years since I had any acknowledge about this debt, never accepted it was mine, but can they continue to pursue payment now after ccj was removed ?

B
zeke

Re: Ccj

Post by zeke »

Provided six years has passed since the judgment date, then you are not obligated to pay anything.

If you made a payment towards the debt after the date of the judgment, then the law says that is an acknowledgement of the debt, and the six-year limit is extended with a new start date from the date you made payment.

The claimant cant use enforcement for an out-of-time judgment or order.
Holmeskoophimai

Re: parking fine

Post by Holmeskoophimai »

Hi a vulnerable friend had thought a parking fine was paid but hadn't so Marston bullies turned up and clamped her car demanding £500 gave her 2 minutes to pay full amount even when she offered £100 then a payment plan. The guy left the car clamped even though she's vulnerable a single parent and needs the car to pick her 7 yr old daughter from school. When she was crying and clearly destraut over the clamping two unknown youths asked her if she wanted them to sort it which she replied "I wish" but an hour later when her friend came to visit the clamp was gone so she guessed the youths felt sorry for her and removed it but now she's having to hide her car in fear of the bullies returning. What are her options pls?
zeke

Re: Ccj

Post by zeke »

She doesn't need to hide the car. The bailifff took off the clamp as far as the debtor is concerned.

Follow these steps to protect the car.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/how-to-prote ... ement.html