IS this notice legal?

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
ccra11

IS this notice legal?

Post by ccra11 »

Hello everyone,
I am trying to find out if this letter/notice put on my letterbox is legal. Can he really break into my property by force?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Re: IS this notice legal?

Post by zeke »

The document is not a prescribed enforcement notice under the regulations.

There is a provision for bailiffs to enter homes using "reasonable force" and bailiffs interpret that to mean breaking and entering.

When it has been tried, the litigation that follows makes the enforcement case financially toxic for the bailiff company. The claim for damage to property is eventually borne by the bailiff company.

If this is a court fine if you have no previous knowledge, or the warrant has a different address to your current address, then you should make a statutory declaration.

Its called a "Section 14" stat dec, named after section 14 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980.

Then file it to the sentencing court, or if you don't know the sentencing court, then send it by recorded delivery to the Port Talbot Historic Debt team address.

If you don't send it by recorded delivery, then court staff will ignore it and the enforcement will continue.

As for that document, do not contact the bailiff company. It is a phishing document, because the bailiff doesn't know where the defaulter lives and the put that document into a list of addresses they think they are living at so see if it gets a reaction and the defaulters address is validated.