Harassment by parking contractors

TheNakedApe

Harassment by parking contractors

Post by TheNakedApe »

"I am quite new to the group and hope that I have come through to the right location to ask for advice and discuss my situation, if I have messed up coming through to the wrong group I apologise in advance."

I have been hounded by MET Parking for a fine they issued for me parking in my own space, a space I pay for in advance and have always have every month.
The issue is that they said that I was not displaying a permit, which is true but only because they did not issue me with one and were withholding it, I called them a few times and was held on the phone for over an hour until I gave up on two occasions on another was put through to a really rude person who would not listen to me and said I needed to make my request in writing?
As a result, I received a ticket which I called again many times until I eventually got through and was told that 'I HAD TO' pay them or else.
I told them that they did not issue me with a permit so how could I display one they said I should have contacted them, which is rubbish because I did, also they were supposed to send the residents their permits not the other way round for the residents to chase them.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was told that they were a shower of thugs and that they had no right to issue me a fine on these grounds and as long as I can prove that I had paid for my parking and state that they never issued me with a permit that I was in my right to refuse them.

This was in Sept/Oct 2018 and now recently they employed DCBL bailiffs to collect this debt and to be honest, now I would rather go to court than pay them as there I hope to be given a fair trial.

It does say at the bottom of the letter-
'This case is not subject to High Court or bailiff action' However should you fail to contact us, we will recommend to our client the commencement of legal action against you.

Does anyone here know where I stand in this situation?

Thank you.

Hu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Re: Harassment by parking contractors

Post by zeke »

This looks like a private parking ticket.

DCBL in its heyday was a bailiff company executing high court writs. After a string of bungled enforcement cases and some high-profile payouts, they started to dabble in the crowded market of private parking tickets.

If the parking space giving rise to the claim is your own, then you have a defence.

When you get the claim form, tick the box saying you intend to defend all of the claim. Say the parking space giving rise to the claim is already yours, and state the claimant does not have the right to bring this claim.
DCBL don't have any legal jurisdiction to enforce debts without a judgment or a writ of control.

Their power is merely knocking on the door and asking you to hand over the cash. Nothing more than a common debt collector.

I wouldn't concern yourself with this until you get the N1 claim form.