CCJ from eon

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
mileso

CCJ from eon

Post by mileso »

I received a CCJ from eon for monies I have never owed
I had to leave my home due to a divorce that I paid all the bills, before leaving I settled all my outstanding bills especially with EON I have a money trail for that. I have never been in debit in my life and had direct debits set up to pay everything. I informed them I was leaving due to a divorce and so wouldn't be in the property and my ex wife was to take over everything.
After I left my ex wife never registered to living there with EON and she eventually sold the house 2 years later.
I had a court letter instructing me to leave on a particular date (I still have all the paperwork) which I did and handed over my keys to her solicitor and gained a receipt.
I have since found out I Have a CCJ in my name from EON for monies owed after I left the house on that date. I have never received any letters from them as I've been working away for two years and only found out once id come back via my last landlord. I've never had any information pack on monies owed or letters as they went to him and he just binned them. As I did everything online and that email was only set up to pay eon and having long since swapped my number, I cant get into the account to check.
I have contacted eon and they have told me they assumed I still lived there so they kept billing me and they have no interest if I lived there or not at the time and that I owe them this money as they don't know or cant find where my ex lives and they want me to pay it.
what options do I have
zeke

Re: CCJ from eon

Post by zeke »

In writing only. Give dates you were liable for the address.

All in chronological order.

Then say the debt is disputed and ask them to cease enforcement.

Do not give your current address. Communicate by email only.

Then, if enforcement has started. Apply to stay the Writ and set aside the judgment.

In any case, apply to set aside the judgment.