Marston High Court Writ of control what can I do?

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
just47

Marston High Court Writ of control what can I do?

Post by just47 »

Hi there

I have received a notice of enforcement from Marston for a county court judgement on a water bill that I'd ignored. I only just found the notice, they are due to visit on the 13th. I was wondering if anybody could advise me of what to do.

Is there any chance of stopping him visiting as condition of making an agreement?

If anybody can give me relevant advice it would be greatly appreciated.
zeke

Re: Marston High Court Writ of control what can I do?

Post by zeke »

You cant ask a bailiff not to visit. That is like ringing the dinner bell.

Here is a list of options open to you.

https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/St ... -HCEO.html
just47

Post by just47 »

Thanks zeke

Stay the Writ and Vary the Judgment option sounds possible but is this something I can do myself? In the 2 days I have left before the visit. Panicking a bit.
delta157

Post by delta157 »

You can also speak to the water company directly, they still may be willing to help you!

Prepare an income and expenses form ready before contacting them. If you are in hardship they MAY be willing to help you still...

I have been successful on a number of occasions in the past. Nothing to lose everything to gain and POSSIBLY saving £310 off hour bill.

For the time being keep the EA out until you've spoken to your creditor...
just47

Post by just47 »

I already tried the water company, no joy unfortunately
delta157

Post by delta157 »

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my response.

Head over to the Step Change debt remedy tool. Complete the form and save as a pdf. Link below.

https://debtremedy.stepchange.org/quickassessment.aspx

I'd advise including any debts you may have. You will be best advised to check your credit file for the most up to date copy of it.

I'm not asking you to use Step Change ok? Just the tool.

Please remember that they can easily check your credit file to verify the information you have provided.

Then contact the water company yet again, ask for collections or enforcement. Explain your financial situation, tell them you have a copy of the Step Change debt remedy form and will email them with a copy.

Then allow them to review this document for a short time, then contact them again for their response.

I hope this is clearer for you?

If it helps, please up date your thread for others to see....
Topnotch100

Post by Topnotch100 »

just47 wrote: 10 Dec 2019 18:44 Hi there

I have received a notice of enforcement from Marston for a county court judgement on a water bill that I'd ignored. I only just found the notice, they are due to visit on the 13th. I was wondering if anybody could advise me of what to do.

Is there any chance of stopping him visiting as condition of making an agreement?

If anybody can give me relevant advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Hello was just wondering how you got on with this? I’m in a very similar situation. Did you complete an N245?