DCBL - Not sure of best course of action - Anyone?

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Effy222

Re: DCBL - Not sure of best course of action - Anyone?

Post by Effy222 »

Daftlad wrote: 17 Nov 2019 22:22 Thank you for the reply Zeke.

I have made a complaint to DCBL and I know that it would be a waste of time but I did it anyway. The response was as expected.

I need to take this to the next stage which is a detailed assesment?

Any perticular firm you would suggest I use?

The bailiff was Paul Butlin

Thanks in anticipation.
The Bailiff you mentioned (Paul Butlin) I have and still ongoing a court case which involved DCBL company and same agent attended my address and did not comply with any rules and regs and same nor did I receive a notice of enforcement. any luck with your situation? le us know! I'm looking for similar advice
zeke

Post by zeke »

Run an enforcement compliance check here https://stopthebailiffs.uk/high-court-w ... check.html

Then start a new thread and tell us about your case.
Cruola

Post by Cruola »

What a brilliant thread, Zeke you are a machine!

My only concern would be providing such detailed information on a public forum as this might identify you and information given in the thread may be used against you.

What may also be needed is a thread for successful dismissals etc.
zeke

Post by zeke »

There is a private members section of the forum for anyone wanting to discuss matters away from prying eyes.

We don't publish successful cases on the internet because it creates resentment with certain individuals.

We prefer the client collect their winnings and quietly let them get on with their lives.
Alienpirate

Post by Alienpirate »

Yes this alleged bailiif Fihwik he's current writing his version of events for Worcester county court judge Kahn! After trying to invade my home on 2nd August 2021
Alienpirate

Post by Alienpirate »

Alienpirate wrote: 31 Aug 2021 20:19 Yes this alleged bailiif Fishwick he's current writing his version of events for Worcester county court judge Kahn! After trying to invade my home on 2nd August 2021
Alienpirate

Post by Alienpirate »

Alienpirate wrote: 31 Aug 2021 20:19 Yes this alleged bailiff Fishwick he's current writing his version of events for Worcester county court judge Kahn! After trying to invade my home on 2nd August 2021
zeke

Post by zeke »

If a bailiff enters a private home without authority then he commits an offence.

The bailiff must have the address on the writ, or have separate authority under section 15 of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.

If you can say what happened, then we might be able to give you some more mileage in your action - what ever that may be.

It sounds like your bailiff is Craig Fishwick. His modus operandi is calling the police on himself when a person at the premises asks to see evidence of his authority to enter, and he knows he doesn't have it.

Last year, he got into a fight with an occupant who restrained him, and he called the police to come and get him out of the restraint. His writ was against a company and he was being held in the front garden of a private house.
whiterabbit2

Post by whiterabbit2 »

I need an advise. Last month DCBL visited an address of my friend where I am temporarily staying. I lost my job during covid and temporarily went to my home country and returned in April 2020 due to job interview and have been staying with my friend since. DCBL arrived early morning and I was away on business in another city. I was called to be told by the bailiff - who was clearly made aware that I only live there temporarily and have only my clothes in one of the rooms, that he is going to be removing items belonging to my friend. He told me the judgement was £1430 and I was given 20 min to come up with monies and he hung up. Of course I couldn’t come up with monies and when he called me in 20 minutes he told me that the total now went up to 3240 and he told me the removal van was on the way. My friend who’s house he came into was in tears and she took out credit card to pay the 3240 to stop him from removing her stuff and he left. He left enforcement judgement to my home address which I left when I went o my home country. He came to my friend address , robbed her and left. I need to get the monies back and I’d ideally like to take them to court for the action taken but I am struggling to find no win no fee solicitors and I don’t even how how to find out how I was charged triple of the original judgement? Please help
zeke

Post by zeke »

The occupant at the address should make a statutory declaration stating they own all goods within the curtilage of the address.

That renders the writ completely worthless because it can only be enforced at the address specified on it, and if there are no goods of the debtor there, it cannot be enforced - apart from using harsh language.

The fees are well beyond the scope of the fees regulations, so you can apply for a detailed assessment. That will land the creditor a bill for costs which usually nullifies out the entire judgment bring enforced.

If there is still a judgment balance remaining after your detailed assessment costs have been set off, then apply for a stay of execution and then a variation of the judgment.

Search online, Bailiffs fees, apply for a detailed assessment.

Meanwhile, your friend who was robbed can do a chargeback. Search online, bailiffs and chargeback.

You will be hard-pressed to get a no-win-no-fee solicitor. They like big bounties that pay high-value costs orders, plus, as a security, they want creditors with deep pockets or chargeable assets.

You have a fighting chance if you can show the name of the High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) named on the writ. They are personally on the hook for their bailiffs and solicitors like pursuing them instead of the creditor.

An HCEO is a person whom the enforcement power is conferred. Para 66, Schedule 12 of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcment Act 2007.
whiterabbit2

Post by whiterabbit2 »

Hi there, this was very helpful indeed. I would be happy to cover a cost or set few should you perhaps be willing to help me with the steps above. I can be contacted on Pawlowski.t2021@hotmail.com

Thank you
Abcd

Post by Abcd »

sjseemzasu wrote: 25 Feb 2020 12:41 hi Guys

Having read through this post i see that a poster has previously said that they had taken a certain bailiff named Craig Fishwick to court, im involved with a damages claim against this gentleman and have highlighted the behavior experienced by my family when this guy incorrectly attended my private home address and as part of this claim im looking for anyone else who may have had experience of this gentleman and him acting outside of the guidelines set for bailiffs.
I have an issue with him right now. Let’s make contact
Abcd

Post by Abcd »

What was outcome of the issue
zeke

Post by zeke »

Whats the issue?