Water rates success again!

Tell us how you beat the bailiffs.
delta157

Water rates success again!

Post by delta157 »

2 years ago enforcement happened to a debtor. Got the debt returned back in house, as I had done for the other 3 with the same company.

Today they tried to start enforcement procedure on the next debt. A quick call to remind the creditors that their earlier agreement included all years and current years debt would not continue to enforcement!

All that needs to happen is for the debtor to complete a Stepchange income and expenses debt remedy tool form. This allows the creditor to see that there is a serious financial hardship and using the EA will cause poverty as well.

It pays to keep details of agreements and in writing to. I always insist on this before a payment is sent. Its never let me down...

Another easy success for the debtor, no fees as it got stopped just before the company sent it out.

As a bonus the company requires the debtor to complete the debt remedy form with a view to reducing the total debt due to 2 years of good payments made so far.

FYI, 3 further CCJs are active but not being chased due to the earlier agreement now..
zeke

Re: Water rates success again!

Post by zeke »

Looks like you did well. Is this your own work, or is SteopChange who intervened?
delta157

Post by delta157 »

All my own work. Just used the debt remedy tool!

Step change don't help as indebpth as I do. Still using the right way is always best.

Had a lot of successes with PCNs as well! It's all in the terms and conditions. The rules and regulations make it easier to successfully challenge a PPC ticket!

No templates, or fancy footwork either. Just good old reading and study.... If one reads word for word the BPA website, then studies very closely the car park T&cs its a slam dunk win! Best bit is it's free!!
zeke

Post by zeke »

Private tickets is not something we do here, so I give a free template. https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Te ... icket.html

Save me doing it.
delta157

Post by delta157 »

Final update.

Had an email from the Water Company. Half of the debt has been written of now.

This is due to the arrangement plan made 2 years ago. The debtor has an affordable repayment plan in place for the remainder of the debt.

The debt is now fully free of fees, this was a great result. Now they have a chance to be debt free within a very short period of time.