Credit Report

CSA/CMS, Rent arrears, VAT, Capital Contribution Orders, all other debts not listed above
MrMe

Credit Report

Post by MrMe »

Hi, I have a 'Satisfied' marker on my report. Long pointless story but the default was in November 2013 and was marked as 'Satisfied' in November 2018. As far as I am aware nothing has happened on this loan since 2013 (there's a reason but I guess it's irrelevant) and I've noticed recently that the account was change from "defaulted" to 'Satisfied'. Anyway I would like to have this removed from my file ASAP for a few reasons, rather than wait until November 2019 for it to be removed naturally (is this correct?) but I'm concerned about shaking the hornets nest bearing in mind I didn't pay it back.
luxardo

Re: Credit Report

Post by luxardo »

I'm no expert but it is my experience if you are checking your credit report using one of the online systems (clearscore, totallymoney etc) sometimes the columns stating default and satisfied get mixed up. This can lead you to believe the date means satisfied when it really should be default. A good way to check is to look at the date it was allegedly satisfied and see if it corresponds to the time the debt was defaulted.
As far as having the entry removed before the statutory 6 year period is up, you have no chance, even if it is satisfied it will stay on your record for 6 years.