Statute Barred

CSA/CMS, Rent arrears, VAT, Capital Contribution Orders, all other debts not listed above
luxardo

Statute Barred

Post by luxardo »

I had a credit card with HSBC in 2008 which I didn't pay. My last payment was in 2010, I have had no contact with them at all since 2010.
I have checked my credit file and noticed that the debt is now with Hoist Portfolio Holdings and they claim the default date was 2013.
Is the debt statute barred 6 years after 2010 (2016) or 6 years after 2013 (2019) ?
zeke

Re: Statute Barred

Post by zeke »

Its barree from the date you last acknowledged the debt. If they get a judgment or a high court writ, you can get it set aside.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Schedule 12 wrote: 23 Jul 2019 18:37 Its barree from the date you last acknowledged the debt. If they get a judgment or a high court writ, you can get it set aside.
It's barred 6 years from the date of the default notice. Send them a section 77 notice asking for evidence of the default date, copy of the original agreement, notice of assignment and statement of account.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
luxardo

Post by luxardo »

Syd Snitkin wrote: 23 Jul 2019 18:57
It's barred 6 years from the date of the default notice. Send them a section 77 notice asking for evidence of the default date, copy of the original agreement, notice of assignment and statement of account.
I no longer have any documentation, not even the account number. Can I still send them a section 77 ?
I did send them an objection via clearscore stating the default was not 2013 and asking them to remove the entry but they refused.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Use the ref number they've provided. You don't need any documentation - you're asking them to produce it. If they can't produce it then they can't enforce.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere