Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Kimbo123

Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Post by Kimbo123 »

Hi all,

Just had a letter myself, I stayed 24 hours in parking lot which had a barricade at a hotel. No one advised me at the hotel that this was a private parking lot that I would need to pay for just assumed it was the hotel parking lot. Do I have a leg to stand on? I've had the same letter as most £100 fine unless I pay it early then it's £60. They sent two pictures with the letter which just shows us entering and leaving the parking lot by the barricade but doesn't have time stamps etc on it. Also does anyone have their email address I can send my challenge to.

Thanks all
zeke

Post by zeke »

This creates a free challenge letter against a private ticket.

https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Te ... icket.html

This article explains more

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/stop-private ... ckets.html
Kimbo123

Post by Kimbo123 »

zeke wrote: 25 Sep 2020 04:00 This creates a free challenge letter against a private ticket.

Thank you, do you know their email address or will I have to send this via post? Thank you again
zeke

Post by zeke »

Send it by post, and ask for a certificate of posting.

It looks like a post office till receipt, and keep it in a safe place. DO NOT use recorded delivery.
Donsey64

Post by Donsey64 »

Hi
Do I email the company or post to get picture of car to prove was there
Scott

Post by Scott »

Hi Zeke,

I received PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd but fine was not issued because of car park. I pulled over as was lost and apparently where I pulled over was private parking for permit holders only. I was there for 12 minutes and did not leave the car. Photos I received of car shows person (me) in vehicle and headlights on (as believe vehicle was still running).

Question is, can you please let me know if I should still contest this charge using the template in the link you provided above? The template seems set for car park where pay and display ticket is required and not private land for permit holders only?

Many thanks
Scott
zeke

Post by zeke »

If the traffic contravention is for stopping in a permit-holders bay, the debt might not be a breach of a private parking contract, but a statutory Penalty Charge Notice.

You should check with the local council for the area the stopping event took place, which if in London, it is Transport for London

If this is a private company that is asking you to pay a sum, then you can leave it until you get the court notice of claim, and you can defend it. That makes the claim financially toxic for a private parking company because they rely on bringing defended claims.

A defended claim on their hands means the parking company will have to swallow their solicitors fees for bringing the claim.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks Zeke,

Location is Witham, Essex.

Company is Civil Enforcement Ltd of Liverpool.

I am planning on sending your template letter tomorrow as running out of time on initial 14 days before fine doubles?
zeke

Post by zeke »

Civil Enforcement Ltd is a private company owned by a South African corporate investor looking to monetise private parking in the UK.

You can use the template.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Many thanks Zeke,

Letter was sent today.

I have only 7 days to go if initial 14 days from issue date of charge letter, at which point fine increases to £100.

Do you think they will respond within this time period? I am guessing not..
Brand369

Post by Brand369 »

Hi

I have received parking fine from civil enforcement for parking in soho road private parking in Birmingham on 29th September 2020

I have parked for 1:34 minutes first 1 hr is free and I £1 for next hr..

I have call parking phone number and provided my card details and car registration and without confirmation phone was disconnected after giving card details and security number.second time I tried same way it disconnected after giving letter.

Today I received parking fine asking to pay £100 (£60 pay with in 14days(

Need your help what to do in this situation ?

Thanks
zeke

Post by zeke »

Make them prove it.

There's a template doing the rounds that seems to end the problem.
Brand369

Post by Brand369 »

Thanks I have appealed online and also created template and posted them to prove as per template. Let see how they respond
Leebo

Post by Leebo »

Hi there, thanks for this. I went through the filling in of details and payment of £4.99 for my .doc, but my entry/exit to the carpark are not stated on my letter from Civil Enforcement Limited. Just a date of 13/03/2020.

I now have a .doc that's a little useless don't I?

Sorry to be a pain.

Lee.
zeke

Post by zeke »

I'm not familair with a 4.99 template, but you mention Civil Enforcement Limited which suggests a private parking ticket.

There is a free tmeplate here: https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Te ... icket.html which gives the date and the time in and time out of the car park.
Slyboogy

Post by Slyboogy »

Hi,

I am looking for advice here.

Just had a letter myself, I had parked the car in the hotel car park and as advised I typed in the registration plate in the hotel system on 07/06/2017 for the car parking. I received a letter for a charge only for the following day 08/06/2017 when the car was still parked there. No one advised me at the hotel that the registration plate would need to be submitted into the system again for the next day, so not sure if the registration was to be input daily or during my full stay, is that why I got the charge as it's not went through the next day?

Anyway, I spoke to multiple people before, they advised me to ignore the letter as the debt collector before would give up. However, 3 years on I've found myself a letter from Civil Enforcement with the details, I haven't received one from them before, I'm sure the previous collector sent out just a picture of the car registration but that was some time ago. They are now asking for £236 due to the "time & resources" spent on attempting to recover the debt.

They have stated the following in the letter -

"This letter is being sent to you in accordance with the Pre-action Protocol for Debt Claims (PAP) contained in the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR). We have set out your options to make payment to us on the reverse of this letter if you admit the debt. We also refer you to paragraph 4 of the PAP, which requires you to respond to this letter, completing the enclosed Reply Form within 30 days of this later.

The bit in bold is what gets me.

What action do you think I should take? Should I leave the letter again or respond? Civil Enforcement themselves haven't sent any pictures of the vehicle, the last debt collector also only ever had a picture of the registration plate, cannot comment on timestamps as this was long ago and do not remember. Also, this took place in Birmingham and I am located in Scotland.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Slyboogy

Post by Slyboogy »

Also forgot to add, Civil Enforcement have only provided me with the vehicle registration, date of the incident along with location. No times specified on this letter. There is also a PCN reference.

But no time or picture provided but it is something they'd probably be able to get?
zeke

Post by zeke »

This looks like a private parking ticket.

To the bottom line, you are in Scotland, and that puts you out of jurisdiction for the England and Wales Civil Procedure Rules.

No action is needed until you receive proceedings in Scotland.
Slyboogy

Post by Slyboogy »

Thanks for answering Zeke!

So even though I was in Birmingham when this incident took place I am fine to ignore as I live in Scotland?
zeke

Post by zeke »

Scotland have sheriffs officers, but I have no legal training in Scottish law, except in estate and succession planning and estate administration.

I cant say you are safe to ignore a traffic debt while you are in Scotland, because I don't know how traffic contravention debts are recovered there.

I've never seen an English traffic contravention debt being recovered in Scotland using bailiffs under Schedule 12 of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 because paragraph 11(1)(a) limits jurisdiction to England and Wales.
Slyboogy

Post by Slyboogy »

I know it's a tricky one, but would you advise?
zeke

Post by zeke »

I cant advise on enforcement in Scotland because I have no training or experience in Scottish enforcement regulations.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hello
I have received a final reminder before legal action letter from civil enforcement Ltd for £182. This is for a parking offence at a hotel last year. I returned the previous letter from them explaining that I will not be paying. I had already sold the car one month before the offence but it appears the car was still registered to me. I dont know why. I explained this in my letter to them but they have still sent me a final reminder.
What should I do? Please help
monkeynuts
Site Admin

Post by monkeynuts »

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

Let DVLA know asap whe you sold vehicle and who too or you'll be getting all parking fines etc the new owner racks up!

Then let the company know and advise them to check with DVLA. Untill you do that they will always come for you
On the path to become an 'activist lawyer'

Welfare advisor at national charity

An awake populous is a bailiffs worst nightmare
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Thank you. Yes I got onto the dvla. They sent me a notification just a few days ago that they have updated their records. I don't know if they have backdated it to the time of the sale though. I'll write to the company and tell them anyway. I still have a receipt from the sale with the date of sale on. Will that be enough to keep me out of trouble?
monkeynuts
Site Admin

Post by monkeynuts »

Did you give DVLA sale date? If so yes.

But as a precaution and it only solidifies your case you could just do a stat Dec and fire it over to the company making the claim. Then if it goes to court, you have already all the back up you need. Just make sure you keep copies of all letters sent.
On the path to become an 'activist lawyer'

Welfare advisor at national charity

An awake populous is a bailiffs worst nightmare
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Yes I did give the sale date. They requested it. Sorry but what's a stat dec and how do I do it?
Rio61299

Post by Rio61299 »

zeke wrote: 09 Sep 2020 14:03 Make them prove it. Here is a template letter.

Hi Zeke, i have now received a County Court Claim form..... i sent the letter you provided and never received a response back from them at all,
zeke

Post by zeke »

Hide your personal details, lets see it.
emmkay

Post by emmkay »

Hi,
Yesterday I received a Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement for £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days. It was for being in a car park for 32 minutes whilst I was in a take away.
I have spoken with the take away owner who says that parking is free for 29 minutes. Customers can stay longer in the car park if they input their car details into a tablet they have in the take away, but I was not aware of this and there are no notices highlighting this.

The circumstances mentioned on the PNC is "Payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage".

First time I am challenging so any help would be appreciated.
The is a link to a template letter on this thread that says £4.99 for creates a word doc. Is that the best thing to do?
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Hi, I had received a county court claim form from Civil Enforcement. On the claim form it mention I had park at a local shopping parade carpark on Nov 2019 enter 8.45am leaving 9.57am I can’t even remember whether I am there. This is the first time I heard about this, and I had nothing at all telling me I had a PCN apart from few weeks ago I got a letter asking me to pay £182 but on the letter it did not mentioned what is it for and it even spelt my name wrong. So I just ignore it thinking might be a scam.

What do I need to do now?

Thank you

Tiffany
Kimbo123

Post by Kimbo123 »

zeke wrote: 25 Sep 2020 04:00 This creates a free challenge letter against a private ticket.

Hi Zeke,

I did as advised and haven't heard anything in regards to it. I have now received a letter stating that the I still owe and that if the fee is not paid in full in 14 days it will be increased and a third party collection agent will turn up as below. What should I do now?
Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Kevin wrote: 22 Dec 2020 19:22 Yes I did give the sale date. They requested it. Sorry but what's a stat dec and how do I do it?
This is how to make a stat dec.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/appeal-traff ... ement.html

The article above only applies to applications made after bailiffs have been instructed.

A stat dec is a statutory declaration to apply for the suspension of enforcement for a traffic contravention debt for a moving traffic contravention.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Kevin wrote: 22 Dec 2020 19:22 Yes I did give the sale date. They requested it. Sorry but what's a stat dec and how do I do it?
This is how to make a stat dec.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/appeal-traff ... ement.html

The article above only applies to applications made after bailiffs have been instructed.

A stat dec is a statutory declaration to apply for the suspension of enforcement for a traffic contravention debt for a moving traffic contravention.
zeke

Post by zeke »

emmkay wrote: 24 Dec 2020 09:21 Hi,
Yesterday I received a Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement for £100 reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days. It was for being in a car park for 32 minutes whilst I was in a take away.
I have spoken with the take away owner who says that parking is free for 29 minutes. Customers can stay longer in the car park if they input their car details into a tablet they have in the take away, but I was not aware of this and there are no notices highlighting this.

The circumstances mentioned on the PNC is "Payment not made in accordance with terms displayed on signage".

First time I am challenging so any help would be appreciated.
The is a link to a template letter on this thread that says £4.99 for creates a word doc. Is that the best thing to do?
You can challenge them before court action, but you get fobbed off with excuses and they start making threats,

Leave it until you get the claim form, and enter a defence. It makes the claim toxic for the parking company because they must pay their own legal costs.

There are plenty of templates that can be found online. you don't need to pay for one.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/template-for ... otice.html