Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Bigilote

Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Post by Bigilote »

Hi I have received a parking fine with ( Parking Charge Notice) with Civil Enforcement Ltd.
I went into a car park in Wells-Next-the Sea, They Quay NR23 1AT ON THE 19/04/2019.

The car park was the PORT OF WELLS CAR PARK. I entered the car park trying to find a place to park. It was busy on a good Friday where everybody was trying to find a place to park After around 10 mins or so I decided it was not worth it hanging around trying to find a place to park, so left the car park.

The car park has a ticketed Machine of which you will have to pay and display.

The parking ticket I have received states that I entered the car park at 16:51 and left at 17:03; which means I was there for 12 mins. This is without leaving my car or walking away from the car park. This is with my engine still running. They are now asking for a £60 fine within 14 days or £100 in 28 days.

I wish to appeal this, however I know if i go to them directly as usual they will refuse. I would want your advise as well as case law to support my case of appeal to POPLA directly.
Look forward to your response.
Regards
Bigilote
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Post by Syd Snitkin »

First off, if this is a Parking Charge Notice from a private company (rather than a Penalty Charge Notice from the council) then it is not a fine, it is an invoice. The difference is that a Parking Charge Notice would require them taking you to court to enforce payment, whereas the Penalty Charge Notice can be enforced by the council.

The company will indeed usually dismiss any appeal but the objective is to get a POPLA code from them so you can appeal further. When making the appeal DO NOT name yourself as the driver only as the keeper.

Not sure of the case law at the mo but will have a look around or others may have it to mind.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
Bigilote

Post by Bigilote »

Thank you so much for responding. They want me to appeal to them directly first before going to POPLA, but I know they will refuse to cancel the ticket. I would like to properly arm myself before I draft anything to them and would be grateful for your input.
Many thanks
Amy
Admin

Post by Amy »

I received one a couple of years ago, some 5 or so hours from where I actually live. I asked them to provide me with proof of my vehicle parked and present. They provided me with an image of a totally different vehicle with a different reg.

Ask them for an image of your vehicle parked not displaying a ticket.
Bigilote

Post by Bigilote »

Thank you Amy I will do that. Syd has mentioned that I need to state that I am the keeper and not the driver. I am wondering how I will write to them as I was the one driving. Do they have the right to ask me who the driver was.
Amy
Admin

Post by Amy »

Just ask them for the proof. No more, no less.

See what they come up with.
Bigilote

Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )-SUCCESS

Post by Bigilote »

Hi Amy,
I just received a response to the letter I sent to Civil Enforcement Ltd. They have cancelled the Parking Fine with immediate effect. I would like to post a template of the letter I found on a forum here if that's ok. Perhaps it may help people who have parking fines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amy
Admin

Post by Amy »

That's brilliant, well done. Did they say why they had cancelled it?
zeke

Post by zeke »

That is an interesting template, where did you get it?
Bigilote

Post by Bigilote »

Hi All
sorry for the late response. I googled how to appeal parking fine and templates, and it came through I cannot remember the link exactly, but I read through it and also there was a forum there somewhere where people had had success with this, so I taught I had nothing to lose here. I simply filled in the bits in, and please I must say proof read it properly before sending it. They wrote a letter back to say its been cancelled with immediate effect without giving any explanation.
zeke

Post by zeke »

I have done very little research in fighting private parking tickets, your template looks written by someone in the know. but just forgotten to put the date on it. If you can show me its origin, then I would like to link to it so I can help others follow.

We provide free online auto-generated templates for bailiff-related matters because nobody else is willing to provide them.

If the source of your template can be provided, then I can speak with them and create a computer-generated downloadable version which does not need to be edited by the user.
Lotte

Post by Lotte »

Can anyone help me please

I haven't responded in the 28 days as the letters were in my room at home as I was staying with my boyfriend and ended up being stuck there due to the pandemic lock down. I got home yesterday and found the 3 letter, last is a final notice with a fine of £140. I have been on the Civil Enforcement Limited website but cant find a number to ring up and speak to anyone, they all go to automated payment or request I appeal on line. What should i do, I have also downloaded the template and completed it but I have noticed it does not show the PCN number, should I put this on the appeal letter to Civil Enforcement Limited.

Should I write anything else trying to explain the circumstances

Any help would be appreciated, I now have 9 days before they say they are going to instruct third-party collection agents. I don't want a massive bill I cant afford it as I have lost my job due to the pandemic.

Thanks
Lotte
zeke

Post by zeke »

You don't need to add anything to the template, including the PCN number.

The PCN number has no official meaning other than to the parking company itself.

I wouldn't stress yourself over it. Nobody will be getting confrontation with you about parking tickets any time soon. Bailiffs are all taken off the streets.
Lotte

Post by Lotte »

Does the fact i haven't responded within the 28 days a problem as the first letter was issues on the 25th February. Should I explain / do i need to explain why i haven't responded before.

Should I post the appeal or email, as I have noticed and email address 'office@ce-service.co.uk' on the back of the notice under the document heading 'DATA'

It says
Civil Enforcement Ltd. Company registered in England. office@ce-service.co.uk Co Reg No:05645677
Privacy Policy at www.ce-service.co.uk or email dataprotectionofficer@ce-service.co.uk

Thanks for you help
Lotte
Lotte

Post by Lotte »

In addition to my previous question and request for help, should I use the template specified on Amy's post or the template on the supplied link by yourself Zeke, does it need to specify the make and model. The template links asks for this information but doesn't specify it on the document when generated.

Thanks
Lotte
zeke

Post by zeke »

You are right, I need to fix that, so the make model of the car is specified in the letter. The registration is correctly displayed.

Its a simple PHP script that creates a Word document, I'll tweak it tomo.
Lotte

Post by Lotte »

Hi Zeke,
Does the fact i haven't responded within the 28 days a problem as the first letter was issues on the 25th February. Should I explain / do i need to explain why i haven't responded before.

Should I post the appeal or email, as I have noticed and email address 'office@ce-service.co.uk' on the back of the notice under the document heading 'DATA'

It says
Civil Enforcement Ltd. Company registered in England. office@ce-service.co.uk Co Reg No:05645677
Privacy Policy at www.ce-service.co.uk or email dataprotectionofficer@ce-service.co.uk

Thanks for you help
Lotte
zeke

Post by zeke »

Explain the delay in receiving the notice, so you have it recorded in your paper trail should you ever need to give it in evidence.

The template letter is fixed.
Nathan94

Post by Nathan94 »

Hi lotte!
I’m in the exact same boat as you same letters ect.
Did you send a copy of the template and what was your outcome

Thanks Nath
zeke

Post by zeke »

In the most part, the parking companies ignore it.

Further down the line, it prevents a successful claim because ignoring a formal challenge destroys their grounds.
Nataliec

Post by Nataliec »

We have received the same for a vehicle that drove in and drove back but they are stating time in and then time out was 12 mins. parking charge due £100 or £60 if paid in 14 day. The company Civil enforcement have sent pictures, but not time stamped - so it may have been less than 12 mins.

Would like to use Zeke's letter, but wondered as they have sent pics of said vehicle entering and exiting, if I should remove this from the letter, or ask for evidence of the time entered and exited along with the pictures of the parking signs??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Here is zeke's letter. Make them prove everything. Not just pictures.

https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Te ... icket.html

A bus lane ticket was quashed just because TFL sent a picture of a different car.
NeenD

Post by NeenD »

Hi All, please help

Today I received a £170 fine from Civil Enforcement Limited which advised the date of the offence was 13/08/2019.
I had not received any other letters though the letter today states they have sent them.
I am aware that my address will have been incorrect with the DVLA between 07/04/2019 - 30/12/219 (I moved home in the April and changed my address in December, my misstate).

My concern is that I have not received anything since my address was corrected, so from 30/12/2019 until 01/07/2020 I have not had any notifications.
Do you firstly, think that they would have been writing to me within the past 6 months? if so they have been writing to the wrong address which would have been correct with the DVLA by this point.

Any help would be amazing. Unfortunately I cant dispute the actual 'offence' I spent longer than the hour in KFC (A meeting got delayed and I had to find somewhere to eat/wait)

Thanks everyone!
Nina x
zeke

Post by zeke »

If Civil Enforcement Limited has been writing to a wrong address then it counts for nothing.

Park the matter until you get a court claim form then vigorously defend it.
trustdelboy

Post by trustdelboy »

Hi Everyone
I'm brand new here I have been following this thread and sent the template off this page and this is there responce can you please advise what I can do next

Our Reference:

Client Reference:

Car Park Operator: CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD

Instructed by: ZZPS Limited

Balance: £182.00

Thank you for your recent correspondence, the contents of which we have noted.

As requested, please see below a breakdown of the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) balance:

Initial PCN from the car park operator: £100.00

Recovery and late payment charges: £82.00

Total Payable: £182.00

Contracts between our clients are commercially sensitive documents and will only be disclosed in case of litigation activities.

QDR Solicitors are instructed by ZZPS Limited to recover outstanding charges for PCNs and to take legal action where necessary. ZZPS are instructed by various car park operators and we have authority to act as Solicitors for each of their clients. QDR are not required to provide evidence of any contractual agreements between us and a third party. QDR Solicitors act in accordance with the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) Code of Conduct and therefore do not act in matters where there is no authority to do so.

Please be aware that photographic evidence can be viewed at: http://www.ipaymypcn.net, should you wish to have access to these.

Furthermore, our clients are members of British Parking Association (BPA), their signage is ample, clear and in line with the BPA Code of Practice to ensure the motorist is bound by them when they enter and remain at the site. Any further information about the signage, the parking terms and conditions, and or the signage plan can be obtained by visiting the parking site in question in person.

Moreover, our clients have reasonable cause to believe the parking event on the day breached their parking terms and conditions and that you remain liable to this PCN, failure to make payment may result in the file being reviewed for further action.

Your file will remain on hold for 14 days to allow you time make payment of the above balance.

Please see below our payment methods for your convenience:

Debit Card/Direct Debit/Automated Phone Payment: Call 01926 758736

Online: Please visit our website at: https://paymentsplace.com/qdr

Postal Orders & Cheques: Post to; Olympus Avenue, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire CV34 6BF

Please quote our reference Q001530406 when making online payment.

Yours sincerely

QDR SIG (2)

QDR Solicitors

T: 01926 758 736

Many Thank

TDB
zeke

Post by zeke »

You don't need to take any further action.

The respondent didn't answer the questions or provide any of the evidence requested.
trustdelboy

Post by trustdelboy »

Hi Zeke
many thanks for your reply, I'll just wait till they get in touch again, and ask them to answer and provide the evidence requested
TDB
Shanshan

Post by Shanshan »

Hello

My name Shan

I have received a civil enforcement Parking charge letter
Stating my name ,address and reg
With two picture of my car

I am not driving and can see driver clear

Is there any way to appeal the ticket
Rio61299

Post by Rio61299 »

Hi, i also just received a Civil Enforcement letter asking for £182, they say they have written to me several times asking for payment..... this is the first time i have ever seen any request or even aware i had been fined. The offence is dated from exactly a year ago and this is the first i have heard of it.... any ideas on next steps?
zeke

Post by zeke »

Make them prove it. Here is a template letter.

https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Te ... icket.html
Rio61299

Post by Rio61299 »

Thanks Zeke, i will see what they say
Stirnpanzer

Post by Stirnpanzer »

hi,

i read this recently as i had recently received a letter from and incident in 2018

i sent the template mentioned above, and have received a reply.

it says "it is now too later to make an appeal".... i not making and appeal...just more information... ?

should i just ignore and see where it goes

See attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Let them bring the action, and you can defend it.

That makes it financially toxic for them.

In any case, the photographs don't show any particular car entering any specified land.

The headlights can be taken anywhere. I can't see this claim going anywhere.