Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
zeke

Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Post by zeke »

Tiffany wrote: 24 Dec 2020 23:12 Hi, I had received a county court claim form from Civil Enforcement. On the claim form it mention I had park at a local shopping parade carpark on Nov 2019 enter 8.45am leaving 9.57am I can’t even remember whether I am there. This is the first time I heard about this, and I had nothing at all telling me I had a PCN apart from few weeks ago I got a letter asking me to pay £182 but on the letter it did not mentioned what is it for and it even spelt my name wrong. So I just ignore it thinking might be a scam.

What do I need to do now?

Thank you

Tiffany
Lets see the claim form. Redact your personal details and your address before posting it up.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Kimbo123 wrote: 26 Dec 2020 13:00
zeke wrote: 25 Sep 2020 04:00 This creates a free challenge letter against a private ticket.

https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Te ... icket.html

This article explains more

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/stop-private ... ckets.html
Hi Zeke,

I did as advised and haven't heard anything in regards to it. I have now received a letter stating that the I still owe and that if the fee is not paid in full in 14 days it will be increased and a third party collection agent will turn up as below. What should I do now?
Thank you

Civil Enforcement Ltd is a private company, and it has no statutory powers to issue traffic contravention penalties.

Unless they apply to the court and get a judgment, a third party debtor collector has no enforcement power apart from knocking the door and asking you to pay with a pretty-please with a cherry on the top.
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

zeke wrote: 28 Dec 2020 13:15
Tiffany wrote: 24 Dec 2020 23:12 Hi, I had received a county court claim form from Civil Enforcement. On the claim form it mention I had park at a local shopping parade carpark on Nov 2019 enter 8.45am leaving 9.57am I can’t even remember whether I am there. This is the first time I heard about this, and I had nothing at all telling me I had a PCN apart from few weeks ago I got a letter asking me to pay £182 but on the letter it did not mentioned what is it for and it even spelt my name wrong. So I just ignore it thinking might be a scam.

What do I need to do now?

Thank you

Tiffany
Lets see the claim form. Redact your personal details and your address before posting it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Post by zeke »

:o Make it a defended claim.

Your grounds are

There is no evidence of a contract, or a breach of contract between the parties giving rise to this claim.
AudiDriver

Post by AudiDriver »

Hi

I received an enforcement notice from Civil Enforcement for parking on private property for a period of 13 minutes in November 2020. I downloaded your template letter and sent that off and have subsequently received a response advising that my appeal has been unsuccessful together with a POPLA Verification Code.

They have included an image of my car entering and exiting the car park together with a photo of the Parking Conditions signage, but they have not responded to any of the other questions in the template letter.

Please advise re next steps.

Thanks

Andy
AudiDriver

Post by AudiDriver »

Sorry, I should also have mentioned that they state they are unable to provide details of their clients or contracts due to the Data Protection Act...

Thanks

Andy
zeke

Post by zeke »

The template is not an appeal. No further action needed.
AudiDriver

Post by AudiDriver »

zeke wrote: 05 Jan 2021 20:39 The template is not an appeal. No further action needed.
Okay thanks Zeke - so I guess the advice is to simply sit it out and wait for any further correspondence or court claim/notice?

Andy
AudiDriver

Post by AudiDriver »

AudiDriver wrote: 06 Jan 2021 11:30
zeke wrote: 05 Jan 2021 20:39 The template is not an appeal. No further action needed.
Okay thanks Zeke - so I guess the advice is to simply sit it out and wait for any further correspondence or court claim/notice?

Andy
Sorry, also is there no requirement to lodge an appeal directly with POPLA?
zeke

Post by zeke »

POPLA is a private company. Its not authority.
Dizzy1981

Post by Dizzy1981 »

Hi I’ve had an ongoing argument with civil enforcement, but of back story is I was driving my company vehicle last August and took my son who has an underlying condition and sometimes has balance difficulty along with a few other symptoms, I took him to a local Burger King as it was his birthday 2 days earlier and as we had just come out of lockdown explain to a child we can’t take him out to a theme park etc, we were asked to wait at the restaurant entrance so the staff could clean and sanitise the store which in all honesty I was pretty grateful for due to covid, but because of this I didn’t realise the car park was only an hour time limit in total we were in the car park for 1hr 26mins, I appealed twice to them and once to POPLA but been unsuccessful each time but for my POPLA appeal I wasn’t able to submit new evidence once civil enforcement had added pictures of the signage in the car park I noticed that these were clearly taken at the time of installation and are no longer like this and one of them is only visible to customers coming out of a hotel and the entrance like it should be, I have submitted a complaint to the BPA and had offered to pay the lower amount due to financial difficulty at this time as I honestly thought that my appeal had been valid and should have been dropped now I’ve had another letter from them saying they will not rest the payment to a lower and should now pay £100, the main question is can I still use the form attached to this thread even the the registered keeper of the vehicle is the company I work for, or is there anything else I can do before this escalates even further. TIA
Dizzy1981

Post by Dizzy1981 »

Sorry to post again I’ve just read on another post on here is this information correct?

If my incident date is 15 August 2020, then the limit to issue a regulated notice is limited to 14 days under paragraph 9(4) of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

If this is correct then my incident was the 15th August 2020 and the PCN issue date is 16 September 2020 then the PCN is technically unenforceable if I understand it correctly, any further information will be greatly received

Thanks
zeke

Post by zeke »

Add that in your defence.
Dizzy1981

Post by Dizzy1981 »

So I emailed my appeal to civil enforcement and have today received their response, they haven’t sent any of the information requested and have simply said they are no lo longer able to receive appeals for this PCN and I should pay the £100 now. I do have a complaint open with the BPA for the poor maintenance of the signage as it is not visible to anyone entering the car park, I have also supplied the photos of theirs to BPA and civil enforcement, I’m assuming I should forward to BPA that they haven’t supplied the requested information as set out in the pre written letter from this site? Any information would be greatly received,

Thanks

Darren
zeke

Post by zeke »

I would not bother with BPA because they are a company whose interests are in the private parking industry.

You don't need to take any action, unless you get a claim form, then in your defence, make them produce as per your original letter.

That will make it a defended claim, and therefore uneconomical for them to pursue.
Dizzy1981

Post by Dizzy1981 »

No problem thank you for this I’ll wait it out now then.
Pcanch

Post by Pcanch »

Hi, I received a fine from CEL, used the template I found on this website and I’ve now received another letter from them saying my appeal was unsuccessful.

There wasn't a single soul In the car park while I was there and the offices were closed..it was Christmas Eve. I’ve parked there for years with no problems.

Please find the letter I received from CRL attached. They also sent me a photos of my car and parking notices.

What is my next move regarding this?

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
monkeynuts
Site Admin

Post by monkeynuts »

Pcanch wrote: 01 Mar 2021 20:50used the template I found on this website
The original letter would help, but I assume its the challenge a private parking ticket asking for them to provide certain information. If your letter wasn't answered and they haven't provided that information then defend the claim using that evidence. As zeke points out in previous posts a defended claim is not cost effective for these types of robot-lawyer cases that private firms take on. They make their money in the undefended claims.
On the path to become an 'activist lawyer'

Welfare advisor at national charity

An awake populous is a bailiffs worst nightmare
Pcanch

Post by Pcanch »

Hi, Yes the 1st letter I received was the actual parking fine. I responded with the template from zeke. They haven’t answered all of my questions with their response in the letter above.
Brand369

Post by Brand369 »

Hi Zeke

This is regarding below . I Civil enforcement parking fine, The ZZPS limited have now sent debt collection letter of £170 . I neither received a letter response for below or appeal response.

The ZZPs are now treatening to take court ? Any advice what to do ?

#46 Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )
Post by Brand369 » 17 Oct 2020 13:33

Hi

I have received parking fine from civil enforcement for parking in soho road private parking in Birmingham on 29th September 2020

I have parked for 1:34 minutes first 1 hr is free and I £1 for next hr..

I have call parking phone number and provided my card details and car registration and without confirmation phone was disconnected after giving card details and security number.second time I tried same way it disconnected after giving letter.

Today I received parking fine asking to pay £100 (£60 pay with in 14days(

Need your help what to do in this situation ?

Thanks
zeke
#47 Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )
Post by zeke » 18 Oct 2020 05:52

Make them prove it.

There's a template doing the rounds that seems to end the problem.
Brand369

Post by Brand369 »

Thanks Zeke,

Should i make a formal challenge only when they sent me county court form right ? No need to do now ?
zeke

Post by zeke »

On the defence response pack, you can enter your defence.
LGP

Post by LGP »

I’ve had a a claim form supposedly from the county court business center on behalf of CEL saying I owed £182.00 from Dec 2019 in a Burger King car park in Halifax town Center, which I was apparently parked there for 6 hours... the total amount inc court fees and legal rep costs is £274.75. I live an hour away from Halifax, I was in Halifax two days prior for a party at my parents house! Can’t find original invoice with any photographic evidence, even so a single shot of my car in a car park does not prove a 6 hour stay. Which is ridiculous! Along with the amount. Now the crest and stamp on the county court claim form are blurry, everything else looks legit though, there wasn’t a return envelope for the forms though. See attached letters and close up shots of the blurry stamps. Also tried looking up my reg and PCN online and it can’t find either.
LGP

Post by LGP »

LGP wrote: 17 Mar 2021 13:26 I’ve had a a claim form supposedly from the county court business center on behalf of CEL saying I owed £182.00 from Dec 2019 in a Burger King car park in Halifax town Center, which I was apparently parked there for 6 hours... the total amount inc court fees and legal rep costs is £274.75. I live an hour away from Halifax, I was in Halifax two days prior for a party at my parents house! Can’t find original invoice with any photographic evidence, even so a single shot of my car in a car park does not prove a 6 hour stay. Which is ridiculous! Along with the amount. Now the crest and stamp on the county court claim form are blurry, everything else looks legit though, there wasn’t a return envelope for the forms though. See attached letters and close up shots of the blurry stamps. Also tried looking up my reg and PCN online and it can’t find either.
Brand369

Post by Brand369 »

Hi LGP

What did you do with the court Form , Did you file defence in response pack ? What is the current status.
11snawaza

Post by 11snawaza »

Brand369 wrote: 09 Mar 2021 16:11 Hi Zeke

This is regarding below . I Civil enforcement parking fine, The ZZPS limited have now sent debt collection letter of £170 . I neither received a letter response for below or appeal response.

The ZZPs are now treatening to take court ? Any advice what to do ?

#46 Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )
Post by Brand369 » 17 Oct 2020 13:33

Hi

I have received parking fine from civil enforcement for parking in soho road private parking in Birmingham on 29th September 2020

I have parked for 1:34 minutes first 1 hr is free and I £1 for next hr..

I have call parking phone number and provided my card details and car registration and without confirmation phone was disconnected after giving card details and security number.second time I tried same way it disconnected after giving letter.

Today I received parking fine asking to pay £100 (£60 pay with in 14days(

Need your help what to do in this situation ?

Thanks
zeke
#47 Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )
Post by zeke » 18 Oct 2020 05:52

Make them prove it.

There's a template doing the rounds that seems to end the problem.
11snawaza

Post by 11snawaza »

Brand369
What happened to your case?
Ad240

Post by Ad240 »

Hi all,

Hope someone can help I have had a letter through from civil enforcement Ltd with regards to a parking fine at a doctors surgery. I took my girlfriend to a mid wife appointment which is within a school in the same area as the doctors entrance. Spoke with the civil enforcement people and they didn’t seem to care much as if you use the doctors they have iPads you enter your car details onto but because we didn’t use that building and the one next door we couldn’t do that. They only have images of the car going into the area and back out no proof of parking. Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Adam
Ad240

Post by Ad240 »

Hi thanks for your zeke I forwarded a copy of the file you shared with me and awaited the response. Please see attached the reply I got through the post. Please advise what is best to do next any help is more than welcome.

Thanks again
Adam
zeke

Post by zeke »

This looks like a private parking company, and the demand is a speculative invoice.

They always rely on undefended claims, because a defended action is futile because they cannot recover solicitors fees, (they are a company) where you are a person and you may recover expenses in representing yourself under Civil Procedure 46.5.

That makes their case against you to be commercially untenable.

The Beavis case they refer to was to make a statement as well as giving case authority for claims brought under schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

The company has to make a profit, and an undefended claim paves the way, until it becomes a defended claim. That is a spanner in the works, and will sour the milk for the claimant parking company and will usually abandon the claim.
Ad240

Post by Ad240 »

Excellent zeke thanks you for your response, sorry to sound a bit simple but what is the best course of action going forward do I respond to the letter or just ignore and see what happens.
Many thanks

Adam
zeke

Post by zeke »

No further action until you get the claim form.
Cocopops46

Post by Cocopops46 »

Hi!
CEL, I parked in doc surgery car park last January, used my blue badge in disabled bay, (I've parked there before and after the date i received a ticket for!), I appealed to CEL stating this and they replied stating my blue badge wasn't valid on private land, I spoke to surgery who said they would try and cancel it, rec'd another couple of letters whilst in hospital having open heart surgery and recovering, the last thing I was going to get stressed about was a parking fine, fast forward to now, I've rec'd a court claim form, CEL now want £293.13 !!, I went over to the surgery to take pics of signs, only to find that since last year they've been significantly changed! I also stated this in my 'defence' statement, I've just rec'd a letter from court saying they will forward my defence to the claimant and if they want to pursue it I'll be given further instructions by the court, if they choose not too, the claim will be 'stayed' until such times as an order from a judge causes it to be opened.....what exactly does this mean?
I'm hoping as I've read on here CEL don't like defended claims, I'm hoping this matter is now closed? Do they write and tell you?
Thanks for setting up a great site!