Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
zeke

Re: Parking Fine ( CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD )

Post by zeke »

No action needed until directed by the court, then make a defence statement on the grounds you stated. Always ask for costs and file and serve a form.n260 a day before the hearing date.
Cocopops46

Post by Cocopops46 »

Thank you for your reply, where do I get an n260 from please, why do I need to serve it and who to? They have my defence statement already (I'm hoping!)
What would be interesting, is to find out just how many tickets CEL issue in this car park,how many get paid /cancelled,is there anyway of doing this? Freedom of Information act?
zeke

Post by zeke »

N260

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... assessment

file it at court, and serve (give) it on the other party a few days before the hearing date.

I don't know who or what CEL is, but if it's a private company, they have no obligation under the Freedom of Information Act. Only public bodies.
djhodgko

Post by djhodgko »

Just found this thread as looking for information/help in regards to a county court judgment I have found on me when I did an Experian credit check the other day.

From speaking to the court in question it would seem this CCJ in my name and my old address is for a parking fine issued from Civil Enforcement which dated back to 12th March 2020 and the CCJ has been in place since 23rd MArch 2021.

This is the first I have heard of this, I never received a letter, email, phone call or anything about this so has come as a complete shock. I haven't lived at that address since 2018 and changed my driving license to my current address in Oct 2019 so would of thought DVLA had my correct info on record for the letter to be sent to.

Now I am going to contest this but wondered what the best rout would be? Ring them to discuss this case or go straight in and send one of the standard letters mentioned in this thread?

Look forward to your help/advice

Dan
zeke

Post by zeke »

DO NOT ring anybody.

Do a search online on yourself to see if you have any judgments and use your old address in the search.

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

This is the Court Service register of county court judgments.

When you have found the judgment claim number, you can apply to the county court to set aside the judgment by making a witness statement and completing a form N244.

Within seven days of making the search on the public register, You have the right to apply to set aside the judgment under CPR 23:10. And, you MUST exhibit evidence of your current address to show that you did not know of the judgment at your previous address.

As this is a parking company, it is unlikely they will challenge your application. It will cost them too much in legal fees. So you will probably just get the judgment set aside. Always ask for your costs. The court doesn't always give them in these circumstances, it's hit & miss.
djhodgko

Post by djhodgko »

Hi Zeke,

Thanks for the swift response.

I haven't called anyone yet apart from the court the other day to find out what this whole thing was about and then got informed that is was for a unpaid parking fine.

I have already paid £5 for a search on trust online and shows 1 red unsatisfied record and it is connected to my old address which not lived at since 2018.

In regards to this N244 form do I just complete and send off or is it best to call the court again and advise them that I will be sending this form to set aside the judgement?

Doe it matte that I have not seen any letters or anything from Civil Enforcement in regards to the fine and only have found out through online searches and contacting the court?

Thanks

Dan
djhodgko

Post by djhodgko »

Must add that I changed my driving licences in October 2019 to my new address but forgot to change the details in my log book to my new address until October 2020 before I sold my car.

Taking this into account does it give me less chance to appeal as my details on the log book register will of been my old address and they have sent the letter to this address on record with DVLA?
zeke

Post by zeke »

You must show evidence of your change of address.

It doesn't matter if you didn't update the DVLA. That's the claimant's problem.

Get the judgment set aside.
AudiDriver

Post by AudiDriver »

zeke wrote: 06 Jan 2021 15:23 POPLA is a private company. Its not authority.
Hi Zeke

Okay so after hearing nothing from Civil Enforcement/ZZPS/QDR for the past six months, I've just received a 'Letter Before Action - Claim For Debt' from them, giving me 30 days to respond. I'd appreciate your advice on how to proceed. I should point out at this stage that I was not driving the car at the time of the original infringement, so should I simply advise the details of the actual driver (my partner) at this point? I've heard that this measure effectively resets the POPLA clock back to the start and forces them to commence new proceedings? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
zeke

Post by zeke »

I would tell them that the claim will be "vigorously dedended". But don't give away your defence at this time
Cocopops46

Post by Cocopops46 »

I've filed a 'defence' on the 8th Nov, today I've received this N149a from the court, which is a proposed allocation to the small claims track........what do I do? I don't want to mediate or have a court hearing tbh! I'd like the case to be dropped as it should be! How am I supposed to fill in this form please
zeke

Post by zeke »

Just answer the questions and opt in for mediation. That puts you in a stronger defence position with the judge if it goes to trial. Make them do more work because they cannot recover solicitors fees.
Cocopops46

Post by Cocopops46 »

Ok thanks, I was going to do the opposite and refuse mediation, as it's a court mediator, so if I refused mediation it would mean forcing them to go to court...which I'm hoping they don't wanna do!
Adzfam

Post by Adzfam »

Hi guys, new to this forum so sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place but I’ve been reading this thread and fallen into similar situation and wondering what to do next.

My mum works for the nhs and does home visits to see patients,
One of her patients was in a building on Hermes close, London. Where apparently this “Civil enforcement” parking agency run.

The letter they sent says the parking is for permit holders only, they have a entry time and exit time stated in the letter as 11:56 - 12:27. I was in the car the whole time waiting for her, engine still running.

They have photos of my car entering the parking lot and leaving but the photos aren’t time stamped, and tbh it looks like it could be any Road I’ve turned into. No driver can be seen In the photo.

They’re saying to pay £60 now or risk paying £100.

Wondering if there’s anything I can do? How do I appeal this if possible.

Thanks
zeke

Post by zeke »

Defend it when they send you the letter of claim.

Your grounds the car wasn't parked.
Adzfam

Post by Adzfam »

Thanks a lot zeke! So I’ll just wait for further updates from them,
sidd

Post by sidd »

Hello,
I have a parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement and have also read the thread. So now I have to use the template for an appeal on the CE website or wait for the County Court Claim and then use that template? Can anyone please clarify this to me? Would highly appreciate it. I received this PCN letter yesterday, however, 7 days were already gone.
An urgent response would be appreciated.
Cocopops46

Post by Cocopops46 »

I have now been given a court date and time! So for everyone saying CEL don't follow through with court action it seems they do.....this parking ticket was from January 2020, I've done everything to defend myself with this, but the judge has allowed a 90 min hearing.....so now I'm panicking! £293 for parking in a gp surgery, with a doc appt, and a valid blue badge in a disabled bay! bloody ridiculous
zeke

Post by zeke »

defend it because you displayed a blue badge.
Cocopops46

Post by Cocopops46 »

I've already pointed this fact out to them initially, I got the reply of " blue badges aren't valid on private land" and even asked why have a disabled bay if BB aren't valid!
ginga147

Post by ginga147 »

Hi, I'm new to forums altogether so sorry if it's in the wrong place. My problem is I've received a letter from DCBL telling me about an unpaid CCJ of £351 owed to Civil Enforcement even though I've never received a letter from Civil Enforcement at my current address, so I have no idea what it's all about, I have tried to contact both parties, but have been fobbed off, any ideas on what I should do next.
Many thanks for any advice that you have.
zeke

Post by zeke »

If the address on the judgement is your old address.Apply to set it aside.
PamelaMcG

Post by PamelaMcG »

Hi, this is so helpful, thank you.
I have received a Notice of Debt Recovery today re unpaid parking charge from 14/10/2020 issued by Civil Enforcement Ltd
It says I contravened the maximum 2hrs parking.
I honestly don't remember doing that but it is feasible I suppose.
What can I do please, do I have to pay £170? I have no defence but also don't know what their "evidence" is. It is unlikely I had anyone else in the car with me etc etc.
Thanks
zeke

Post by zeke »

Follow this:

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/apply-to-sta ... gment.html

If you don't have a defence, follow this

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/apply-to-sta ... gment.html

If you want help preparing your application bundle, follow this:

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/bailiff-lega ... ation.html
MarkoW

Post by MarkoW »

Hey Zeke. I could really do with some advice on my issue with CE Ltd.

My local YMCA has a small car park that CE Ltd manage. I take my kids there once a seek for rollerskating. When visitors come to the YMCA they park up and then enter their car registration onto an iPad in the reception area. Thus signalling that you're a customer and parking is legit.

One week I came and entered my details as per usual - but a few weeks later I've received an invoice from CE Ltd. I opened a case with them to argue that I had entered my details on the iPad in the YMCA reception, but they have rejected my argument staying I hadn't and I broke their terms. The staff at the YMCA have said that they would confirm to CE Ltd that I was there as a customer during the date and time involved - if CE Ltd would contact them.

However -CE ltd aren't interested and want me to pay the invoice.

I have a suspicion my data entry on the iPad hadn't worked that day.

What should my next step be? I'm a bit lost on what should now do as they won't entertain my response or clarification of official attendance.

I visit this place every week, such a shame how these crooks work.
zeke

Post by zeke »

I'm not an expert in private parking debts.

If you can show that you had permission as a customer to park your car, that is your defence.

Back in 2019, I had a client who Parking Eye nabbed for 6 days of parking at a Blackpool seafront hotel. She gave her registration to reception who only listed for the first day, day but failed for the rest of her 7-day stay.

Parking Eye issued a writ for about £700 in unpaid parking charges and several thousand in enforcement charges.

My client applied for a detailed assessment of the enforcement charges. Parking Eye paid her costs.

My client then got the writ stayed and transferred it to her home court and defended it.

She showed her hotel invoice for the days parked showing he had permission to park there. The judgement was set aside.