Bailiff txt

Kerrid

Bailiff txt

Post by Kerrid »

Hi, last night at 8pm exactly i recieved the following txt
"Enforcement proceedings are set to commence imminently due to non payment/missed payments. We will be attending your address for resolution in the next 7 days".
Where the number should be from who sent it, it just says bailiff, i have had a quick google & it comes up with some scams but i am so scared someone is going to show up at my door now, has anyone had anything like this?? I do have a few debts that i need to get on top of but have never had a letter saying anything about enforcement/bailiffs, i live in scotland if that makes any difference.
zeke

Re: Bailiff txt

Post by zeke »

You live in Scotland so any bailiff is well out of jurisdiction.

It is a scam. You can report it online because the sender commits an offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/nui ... nce-calls/

You should also report it online to the police.

Here is more about dealing with a text pest. https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Sp ... liffs.html
Kerrid

Post by Kerrid »

Thankyou, i have hardly slept with worry, i had already reported it online last night as i thought it was dodgy but will do the police today thankyou for the link. Im not sure of bailiff enforcement in scotland hence why im freaking out, if anything i suppose its gave me the boot up my backside to get my finances fixed out, thanks again.
Not_a_Criminal

Post by Not_a_Criminal »

I've had over 50 of these messages in the last 6 months. No one ever turns up. I have 3 outstanding PCNs. One company seems to have given up. The other sends them from time to time. I never answer the door anyway. I think it's a last ditch attempt to scare you into paying a 'debt'* that they know you will never pay.

*I don't consider council PCNs debts. They are extortion.
zeke

Post by zeke »

You can turn them off by blocking anonymous callers.