Hello

Post by ThomasTex »

Hello
Michelle

Re: Hello

Post by Michelle »

Hello, how can we help you?
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Probably wants more spam.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Syd Snitkin wrote: 15 Oct 2018 14:47 Probably wants more spam.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have banned a few spammers but I did wonder about this one! :?
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.
zeke

Post by zeke »

We get spam here too. 6p discount from 12 October.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

With cheese? May you burn in hell.

Frittered or nothing mate.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

The locals don't care for it either. I introduced one to Fray Bentos chicken pies. The ones in the steel tins that are impossible to open. They are very popular, but are also very expensive. About £3.50 when they are in the pound shop in the UK.

They love Toblerone! I brought 30 of them from the pound shop and went down a treat. Its a shame Poundland stopped them and replaced them with their own 'twin peaks' version. They melt quickly here so must be kept in a fridge. UK crisp's, twiglets and Smiths Frazzles are popular, but they don't keep in the hot humid air. I brought them across as protective luggage packaging. When the packets says Store in a cool dry place. They really do mean it! Its luxury stuff for them, because Filipinos are used to street food such as broiled chicken bits, loose fish and boiled fertilised chicken eggs where they eat the embryos out of the shell.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Schedule 12 wrote: 16 Oct 2018 18:01 boiled fertilised chicken eggs where they eat the embryos out of the shell.
I think I saw that on TV once. Looks absolutely gross with the bulgy eyes and all that, but whatever floats their boat. As long as there's a supply of proper Worcestershire Sauce and pickled onions then I'd be happy.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Worcestershire source is sold here, imported from the UK, but it's not popular and it's expensive. I actually like it but there's nothing here to have it with.

I do wish there was a traditional seaside English chippy in the Philippines. There is an English pub restaurant, except for the display of football paraphernalia, its anything but English. Nothing like Harvester. TGI Friday is Philippino chicken & rice version, and Dennys is not the same as Dennys in California or NYC.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Syd Snitkin wrote: 16 Oct 2018 19:58 As long as there's a supply of proper Worcestershire Sauce and pickled onions then I'd be happy.
I found it here, and its dam expensive! shipped here all the way from Worcester by articulated truck, by camel and then by banca.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Syd Snitkin wrote: 16 Oct 2018 16:35 With cheese? May you burn in hell.

Frittered or nothing mate.

Got the real Mcoy. Still with the 5p promotional discount.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Schedule 12 wrote: 18 Oct 2018 16:01 I found it here, and its dam expensive! shipped here all the way from Worcester by articulated truck, by camel and then by banca.
That's actually cheaper than over here. My local Asda sell it for £2.70, that pic works out about £2.30. Rip-off Britain strikes again.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Lea and perrins is in the pound shop in the UK.

Morrison is cheaper than Asda. I brought across a case of 300g galaxy bars which are the fraction of the price found here.

A doctors appointment landed me an eye-watering bill of £8.20. In the UK it's free. Not really RIP off Britain.

Clothes are much cheaper and better quality in the UK primark and Matalan than anywhere here. But you can get made to measure suits here for a song.