text messages from NEWLYN

Ask your question, we might be able to figure it out.
Kotik79

text messages from NEWLYN

Post by Kotik79 »

evening all,
not sure what to do . Since 2nd of September , I have received 10 text messages from NEWLYN enforcement agents . here are a few examples :

"RETURN HOME NOW if you wish to present when goods are removed . Call ........with payment to avoid action . Quoting Ref :.... (at the time I was home, no-one tuned up)

"Removal truck booked today at 4pm as per court order to take control of goods, to avoid action call ....., quoting ref ..." (no truck ever came)

" You have failed to contact us. An enforcement agent will attend to remove goods as per COURT ORDER. Call NEWLYN ....with payment. "

All other texts are very similar to the above . None of them have my name or address. I am not aware that I have any kind of debt. Never received any letters or notices, through post.
Always pay everything on time.
Its quite upsetting now :cry:

My husband tried calling but there was no answer.

Any advice greatly appreciated .
zeke

Re: text messages from NEWLYN

Post by zeke »

There is a cardinal rule with spam text messages, that is, NEVER reply to one.

They are using online SMS messaging and spamming you with nuisance messages.

When Newlyn start spamming people, it means they are trying to trace you and they are not sure if your number is a correct one.

If the sender's number is a false one, then its sent using a free online SMS service you can find around the internet. You can report the bailiff's spam messages online to the ICO. They will investigate the messages and as before, the service will be suspended.

It looks like Newlyn has managed to find another website offering free SMS messaging.
Kotik79

Post by Kotik79 »

Thank you.
I will report it , as I am getting fed up now.
Raffa67

Post by Raffa67 »

This has just happened to me, 4 messages since the 1st of July, quoting a reference number. For no apparent reason. Why do they do this?
zeke

Post by zeke »

Its a method of tracing people.

Newlyn got your mobile number from the DVLA because you put it on the new keeper green slip when you last bought a car.

Never reply to unsolicited text messages. Instead, report it. Here is how.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/are-bailiffs ... sages.html