CAR CLAMPED - PCP FINANCE - ADVICE

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
coas222

CAR CLAMPED - PCP FINANCE - ADVICE

Post by coas222 »

Hello,

I apparently have an outstanding parking ticket for £60. Today a baliff arrived at my home and has clamped my car and threatened to remove it shortly. He is asking for £500 payment. The car is parked outside my house in a parking spot.

The car is currently under a PCP finance agreement which i am making monthly payments towards. I am in the final year of the agreement with a balloon payment due in January 2019.

What should i do? Is the baliff able to clamp and/or take my car away while its under a PCP agreement?

How should i proceed in this situation?

Appreciate any help and advice.

Thank you
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Re: CAR CLAMPED - PCP FINANCE - ADVICE

Post by Syd Snitkin »

No, he cannot take the car. With a PCP, you don't own the car until a final balloon payment is made at the end of the contract, a payment you can also choose not to make and return the car.

Email the bailiff company with proof of the contract and give them 2 hours to remove the clamp before you start legal proceedings. This timescale is to mirror the 2 hours they must leave a car clamped on a highway before removal. It's not statutory but shows that your are being reasonable.

So you are aware, there is no provision for forced entry for this type of debt and you do not need to let the bailiff enter your home.

To clarify, is this a council parking ticket or a private one?
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere