nhs dental charge

CSA/CMS, Rent arrears, VAT, Capital Contribution Orders, all other debts not listed above
upnorth62

nhs dental charge

Post by upnorth62 »

This morning i received a charge for £100 for charge for non payment dental arrears
plus £59.10 for dental work

I rang the number and explained it was error on my part I incorrectly ticked wrong box . just started into low hour paid job 18 hours a week ,and im willing to pay the £59.10 immediately , but lady on other end of phone was having non of it I thought I was speaking to NHS ,but probably a debt collection on a 0300 number. could this debt be enforced , or is it easier just to pay ?
Regards
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Re: nhs dental charge

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Do you get working tax credit?
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
upnorth62

Post by upnorth62 »

Hi Syd
Sadly no . im sofa surfing again at mo ,so no big outgoings.
The penalty charge goes up another £50 if not paid by mid august . could I make the penalty charge null and void if I go back to dentist and pay ,before the charge goes up again ?
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Do you qualify under the LIS? > https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcos ... cheme.aspx

In the meantime I would pay the charge owed to the dentist then see if we can get the penalty removed.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
upnorth62

Post by upnorth62 »

As always .Thank you .
upnorth62

Post by upnorth62 »

Rang the dentist and was told"its out of there hands and ill have to speak to the debt recovery guys". :cry:
So i sadly paid the £159.10 in full . im hoping to use the receipt to obtain a original receipt from the dentist so I can claim back the 59.10 dental charge from LIS .
lesson learned :)
zeke

Post by zeke »

The dental practice sold the debt to a debt collector who will have pocketed the money. I am doubtful the £100 charge would have been enforceable.#

It might not be too late to do a chargeback: http://nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Chargeb ... liffs.html
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

The £100 is the penalty the Government apply for supplying 'false' information.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Do you know the source for that?
Tony72

Post by Tony72 »

Schedule 12 wrote: 27 Jul 2018 00:12 Do you know the source for that?
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/penalty-charg ... ty-charges
delta157

Post by delta157 »

You could have called the department dealing with this 'fine' explained the issue and provided proof of your benefit entitlement and they most likely would have removed the charge.

They would also send you a leaflet explaining the correct way to complete the forms. Or complete an appeal here
https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/challenge-pen ... rge-notice

If we agree that you have an exceptional reason not to pay, the penalty charge will be reduced or removed, but you will still need to pay the original prescription charge or dental treatment charge. This is in accordance with the NHS (Penalty Charge) Regulations 1999.