What happens when there is nothing to take

PhenRoyer

What happens when there is nothing to take

Post by PhenRoyer »

HI. What's the procedure for the high court enforcement when there is nothing to take ??
Car in someones name and no valuable things at home and myself self employed
zeke

Re: What happens when there is noting to take

Post by zeke »

The enforcement agent reports back to the creditor, the debtor does not have goods to satisfy the debt.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

They take one of your kidneys.

Or... they can apply for a charging order if you own your home, or a third party order where your accounts are frozen (although unlikely).
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

Bailiffs cannot apply for a charging order or 3rd party orders.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Well, obviously... the creditor applies.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

Yes. But the creditor needs to know which bank.

That's is why doing a 3rd party on a bailiff company is so easy because we follow were the money goes.

Likewise property. The creditor needs to know which property and doing a land registry search is not cheap.

It's not possible unless by the DVLA itself to search the vehicle database by name and address.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Just letting the OP know what's possible. We don't even know who the creditor is.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

A statutory demand is also an option for the creditor if the debt is over £5,000. This may or may not lead to a petition, in many cases, the SD is enough to scare a debtor into paying.
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.
hojoos

Re: What happens when there is nothing to take

Post by hojoos »

Have you completed your project? You were looking for someone to help. I think I can assist you with it.
hojoos

Post by hojoos »

I am based in https://areacodes.net/347 code area. Can you leave me your phone or other contacts to get in touch with you and talk? I will tell you about some of my developments which are similar to what you need. I can also send you interesting information which can be very useful for your project.
zeke

Post by zeke »

The law in New York is different from the UK.