Rossendales - Luke Morley bailiff - Court Action

ArePeeved

Rossendales - Luke Morley bailiff - Court Action

Post by ArePeeved »

Hi All,

I'm looking for anyone who has had dealing with the unscrupulous Luke Morley - bailiff ID 23343, working for Rossendales and possibly others. We are building a case against him to have him struck off and lose his licence. Particularly looking for anyone who has documented evidence of his intimidating tactics or where he has over stepped his authority as a bailiff and therefor is in breach of his license.

You can post any stories you have here on this forum but we will need photographic, video and documentary evidence supporting the case emailed to luke.morley.case@gmail.com Please also let me know if you are prepared to testify in court.

Lets work together and have this mans power taken away so he can no longer use it to intimidate, scare and extort money out of people.

Thanks
zeke

Re: Rossendales - Luke Morley bailiff - Court Action

Post by zeke »

If you want to hurt a bailiff, then the only way to do that it hit them where it really hurts. In the pocket.

Provided that you follow the pre-action work, you can drag a bailiff and the creditor/council through the courts. The council pays and they reclaim it from the bailiff's indemnity insurance which racks up premiums.

The court can even make an award from the bailiffs' certificate bond where it is proven the bailiff acted recklessly. For example. clamping a car that is on hire purchase is reckless because the bailiff's trade association CIVEA ran an article in a mailshot to its members about a case a bailiff company paid damages for clamping HP vehicles when a gung-ho solicitor tried to hoodwink a judge with a skewed interpretation of "beneficial interest".

Getting a bailiff struck off is only done in the most serious cases. Fir example committing sex offenses, urinating on or near the debtor's property, has undeclared convictions or is caught stealing jewellery from debtors home. Even then, the burden of proof is 'beyond all reasonable doubt'

I have come across Luke Morley before but only with a minor infraction. He works in concert with his wife Michaela, also a bailiff. She is as hard as nails. You don't want to mess with her.
FKThiscountry

Post by FKThiscountry »

Rossendales have had their licence revoked and are no longer authorised....
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Can you provide a link or something?
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

They were taken over by Marston. See if Rossendales are Trading under Marstons credit license.

If they are unlicensed then the director commits an offence under section 39a of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
FKThiscountry

Post by FKThiscountry »

@ArePeeved

Found this about somebody having issues with your guy,,, his email is in the profile link.... https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sh ... ?t=3709635
Chezsut100

Post by Chezsut100 »

Does anyone have an update on this
I’ve had this man at my house twice recently and both times he has been bullying and intimidating. How does he get away with it?
zeke

Post by zeke »

The bailiff you are asking about is Luke Morley.

He used to work for Rossendales, and before its Marston takeover, its terminology used on its documents given to debtors calls the bailiff, a bailiff in charge.

If he is pursuing a debt then he may only take control of goods after being given notice.

If he is pestering you for a debt you don’t owe, then you have several options open to you.

If you can say whether the money he is chasing is genuine, then I can give you the options open to you.
Pipster75

Post by Pipster75 »

I have had two experiences with this bailiff in the last three months on both occasions he has been very intimidating and bullying, wouldn’t even let me set up a payment plan he partner that works with him is as bad as him
zeke

Post by zeke »

Tell us what happened, and I'll see what legal remedies you have.

Bailiffs don't like setting up payment plans or controlled goods agreements. It's too time-consuming and bailiffs are not paid extra for the work involved.

Depending on the type of debt, there are proper avenues for getting more time to pay.

The exception is traffic debts. The law provides no legislated route to pay a traffic debt at a rate the driver can afford - hence the high failure rate in recovering them after a warrant has been addressed to a bailiff.
Bob1411

Post by Bob1411 »

This man is a total bully and needs stopping I would be happy to make it my life long goal to bring him down. His actions are completely illegal I can't believe he still holds a bailiff licence.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Can you tell me what happened?

Start a new thread

We can probably do something about it.