High bailiffs

Tell us how you beat the bailiffs.
Madhatter

High bailiffs

Post by Madhatter »

I am being harassed by high court bailiffs that are threatening to apply for an order to enter my private address for a limited company debt that I have closed 11months ago but not struck off yet. The limited company was closed and all taxes etc paid. They are using the fact that I have a private eBay account and believe I am still trading which is not correct. My home address was never the registered or trading address for the limited company. My partner is worried but I am the only director. I have paid £180.00 to get advise from a high street solicitor and I still don't know what they can or cannot do. Any advise would be helpful.
Madhatter

Re: High court bailiffs

Post by Madhatter »

Madhatter wrote: 19 Jun 2017 20:45 I am being harassed by high court bailiffs that are threatening to apply for an order to enter my private address for a limited company debt that I have closed 11months ago but not struck off yet. The limited company was closed and all taxes etc paid. They are using the fact that I have a private eBay account and believe I am still trading which is not correct. My home address was never the registered or trading address for the limited company. My partner is worried but I am the only director. I have paid £180.00 to get advise from a high street solicitor and I still don't know what they can or cannot do. Any advise would be helpful.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Re: High bailiffs

Post by Syd Snitkin »

You're not personally liable for a Ltd company debt unless you signed a guarantee. The bailiff is getting annoyed that this is a dead end debt.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
Madhatter

Post by Madhatter »

Surely they have to have proof of the company still trading? As all accounts etc are closed and it has not taken any money since July 2016, I am assuming it's hot wind on their part. I've noticed that other members on this site have contacted the bailiffs and that has just been ignored. I have written to them special delivery!
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

It's to be expected that the bailiff will ignore all correspondance. The fact remains that this is a ltd company debt and can only be enforced against the company. Only goods of the company can be taken - however, the bailiff may believe that non-liquidated goods are at your home address thus the application to enter.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

Madhatter wrote: 19 Jun 2017 20:45 I have paid £180.00 to get advise from a high street solicitor and I still don't know what they can or cannot do. Any advise would be helpful.
Ask for your £180 back. They didn't give you any advice.

The writ is unenforceable because the debtor does not have any goods to be taken and sold. It is Nulla Bona.

If the bailiff takes an enforcement step against anyone that is not the debtor, the bailiff, and the creditor are both jointly and severally liable for everything that follows.

It's too risky for the bailiff to try anything stupid.
Madhatter

Post by Madhatter »

There is no asset or stock at my home. I have contacted the bailiff and he said the only way to make this go away is to invite them in so they can make sure of that! He told me that the case has been handed back to the office to see what the claimant wants to do. How can they apply for an order to enter my home just on someone's malicious say so?
Madhatter

Post by Madhatter »

How do I prove that I do not have unliquidated stock without having to let them in?
zeke

Post by zeke »

You make a statutory declaration and hand it to the bailiff if he turns up. Get it on video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3un_ ... ExrdGlvVEU
John The Baptist

Post by John The Baptist »

Madhatter. A statutory declaration is pointless and a waste of further money. As the company is still showing up as trading, the HCEO can still enforce. My guess is that they already know that there are no assets and are just trying to bully and intimidate you into paying. The fact that the case has been returned to the office is encouraging and there would need to be pretty strong evidence of a company trading from your home in order to persuade a court to grant an order to force entry. Simply having an ebay account in a private name is no good reason.

Things that are a problem to you will be if there is anything on the internet linking the company to your home address. Many small one man bands are limited but trade from their homes. If the ebay account is in the companies name, you will also have a problem.

In the worst case scenario, if a bailiff gains access to your home, he will almost certainly claim that any computer equipment and furniture associated to it are that belong to the company and will tell you that it is your responsibility to provide evidence that you own it by way of receipts.

If you can get a letter on your accountants headed letter paper stating that the company is no longer trading and that it has no assets, it would be great. You should send this into the bailiff company and a copy to the HCEOA here: https://www.hceoa.org.uk/contact-us. Get evidence of both contacts. It would be almost impossible for them to obtain a court order after that.

Do not let them in, they are not there to help, they are there to bully you into paying them money, of which, they earn commission on.
zeke

Post by zeke »

HCEOA is a privately owned company. It is not authority.
GDB

Post by GDB »

Why has the LTD Company not been closed after 11 months - an accountant or you can start the procedure within minutes to close a Company.

If its still showing as active, that's why they are chasing you etc.

I would action this PDQ!
GDB

Post by GDB »

You dissolve a Company - Only Companies House can strike off a Company (Struck Off)
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

GDB wrote: 23 Jun 2017 12:27 You dissolve a Company - Only Companies House can strike off a Company (Struck Off)
You can get it struck off yourself, here is the procedure: https://www.gov.uk/strike-off-your-comp ... r/overview
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.
GDB

Post by GDB »

Apologies: -

You apply to have the Company struck off (Dissolved) removed from the register as an active Company.

It takes approx 3 months in general (as you state everything is up to date etc) it can take longer if there are complications.

The problem is the Company is live (still exists) although not actively trading.
Madhatter

Post by Madhatter »

I have applied to strike the company off but this creditor has logged an objection. So I can't do that yet. It appears to me that I am in a catch 22 situation, can't prove that I am not trading by striking off the company and can't Stike it off because of the objection. I have asked my accountant to write a letter and see if that helps.As it stands now the company is dormant.
GDB

Post by GDB »

If the Company has no assets then flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

If the Company is listed as dormant that means the Company is not trading but the name is being held with the possibility of being reactivated at a later date.

A letter from your accountant to give to the agent may assist you in getting your point across etc - or in technical terms pizz them off!

They are trying to wind you up and pressure you into paying, if the Company has no money or physical goods - they are trying to get you to cough up the money in a personal context not as a Director.

Call the agents bluff, tell him get an order from the Court and you will let him in. If you have any correspondence or pack it up safe and move it away somewhere safe, so in the very worst case event they do obtain an order there will be nothing at your home pointing or in relation to the Company. Once you let them in they will put pressure on you.

I also understand that an objection from a creditor only stays on file for a limited time unless they apply to Companies House for extra time. You may want to start the striking off procedure again and see what happens.

The agents do need a lesson in maths - if you have "Zero" then the chance of getting something is "Zero"
NoSlave2Government

Post by NoSlave2Government »

Marston Holdings claim they are High Court Enforcement Officers. How are they allowed if not approved by the Court to even be bailiffs? I thought if something went to Court which parking tickets do not they go to tribunal they had to use Court Bailiffs? The are rouge their fees are in line with whatever they make up as they have not been approved by the Court. How is this nonsense allowed to continue in British Law. I have been to their pound to get my car in Wandsworth and it is run by Gipsies? Are these Marston Holdings a load of illegal gipseys? Who by the way get away with actual MURDER and work with the police to commit further crime? This country is becoming disgraceful and so are the illegal Government!!!! We are little America really and SLAVES in a corrupt system. I just dont understand where the people are and the Democracy it seems it all ended on the last march to stop the War in Iraq - that still continues. So much for the march and there is NO Democracy in UK anymore everyone is a SLAVE and DEAD inside!!!
Amy
Admin

Post by Amy »

Sorry, do you have a question in there somewhere...?
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Sounds like it was just a rant!
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Judging by the reference to rouge bailiffs I reckon Sheila has finally cracked.
Amy
Admin

Post by Amy »

Pote Snitkin wrote: 20 Mar 2018 22:31 Judging by the reference to rouge bailiffs I reckon Sheila has finally cracked.
Lol, I noticed that too.
zeke

Post by zeke »

NoSlave2Government wrote: 20 Mar 2018 21:00 I have been to their pound to get my car in Wandsworth and it is run by Gipsies? Are these Marston Holdings a load of illegal gipseys?
Marston doesn't run it, its a private company that deals in scrap for local councils clearing dumped vehicles from the street. They are held there until their least keeper can be found before being sent for recycling.

Marston puts a board up on the railing outside to make the impression the scrap cars are all Marston goods.

Last year, I did aerial drone flights over their London compounds for a TV production and many of the car registrations checked showed they are abandoned. The trade vehicles were impounded mostly because they were seen on CCTV carrying out flytipping. Nothing to do with Marston or bailiffs.

Curiously, a flight over a compound in Lewisham saw a person within the grounds looking up at the drone making frantic calls on his mobile. The drone continued the sweep before flying away back to its landing site, but not before seeing another person coming out taking pictures of the drone using his mobile. They looked really threatened with paranoia. Drones look pretty much the same when viewed from the ground.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Schedule 12 - Nigel ?

Can I get your email address please ?
Magic

Post by Magic »

No joy Nigel ?

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Nigel@dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk
zeke

Post by zeke »

looks like its full. send me a PM. Amy can you authoise?
Magic

Post by Magic »

Or if its ok to drop you a quick call you can text me your number on 07737 394866
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

If you're concerned about making public posts, I'm sure Amy will provide a private thread.
zeke

Post by zeke »

The case is going legal.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Oooh, now I really want to know.
zeke

Post by zeke »

I can't do it in the public area of the board.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Schedule 12 wrote: 19 Jul 2018 21:31 I can't do it in the public area of the board.
Hi Nigel

I have tried calling and texting but cant get through ?
zeke

Post by zeke »

My number is 07588 796459 call at 4pm.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Schedule 12 wrote: 25 Jul 2018 14:20 My number is 07588 796459 call at 4pm.
Is your phone working Nigel ?

Not being able to get through.