dcbl notice of debt recovery

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
MartinS

dcbl notice of debt recovery

Post by MartinS »

Hi
I'm new to the site I've received a debt recovery letter from dcbl for an alleged parking fine at Liverpool airport which was back in 2015
I disputed the original £60 with the parking people and their solicitor and I did ask on a number of occasions to provide clear proof of signage and I would have paid
I heard nothing for months and just kept getting the odd letter from a solicitor called Wright Hassle I have now just received this debt recovery letter from dcbl asking me to pay £160 and it actually says at the bottom of the letter
This case is not subject to High court or Bailiff Action

Can any of you good people out there shed some light on this shit please

Thanks
Martin
zeke

Re: dcbl notice of debt recovery

Post by zeke »

If the debt is not subject to bailiff action, then it cannot be enforced.

DCBL might as well ask for the money pretty-please with a cherry on the top.

The format of their letter was introduced by DCBL when police attended following a complaint of false representation by sending demands for money on a document with the word "bailiffs" printed on them.
MartinS

Post by MartinS »

Thank you for your reply
Should I reply explaining the history or just ignore?

It does say failure to address will result in the case being reviewed for legal recovery and costs being added

Thanks
Martin
zeke

Post by zeke »

Ignore.

There is no enforcement power and they cannot add fees because you have no contract with them that enables them to charge you fees.

If they keep pestering you, you can in extreme cases, apply to injunct them from harassing you, but I've only done it on bailiffs not acting lawfully. Never on a common debt collector.
delta157

Post by delta157 »

If you didn't get the required noticed of refusal of your appeal then they are in a slightly more difficult position.

Rules state if they failed to notify you with a rejection letter then you can almost ignore.

Given the amount of time that has also passed then it will be harder for them to demand monies from you.

Keep an eye on any Court looking papers, if they arrive don't ignore. With a pcns there is no right of entry, second keep all of the letters regarding this matter, you will need them at a later date.

Until they can prove they have any right to collect then these will be begging letters.

Don't let them in under any circumstances and always record any contact with them as well...
delta157

Post by delta157 »

If you didn't get the required notice of refusal of your appeal then they are in a slightly more difficult position.

Rules state if they failed to notify you with a rejection letter then you can almost ignore.

Given the amount of time that has also passed then it will be harder for them to demand monies from you.

Keep an eye on any Court looking papers, if they arrive don't ignore. With a pcns there is no right of entry, second keep all of the letters regarding this matter, you will need them at a later date.

Until they can prove they have any right to collect then these will be begging letters.

Don't let them in under any circumstances and always record any contact with them as well...
MartinS

Post by MartinS »

Thank you
unclecam

Post by unclecam »

MartinS

I just received a similar letter like you had from dcbl - unpaid parking charge 160.
How's your case going ? Did they gave up chasing or ?
zeke

Post by zeke »

Wait until you get the court papers, then defend it from another address.

That makes the claim financial uneconomical for them, because they rely on undefended claims and default judgments.
Blackjac00

Post by Blackjac00 »

Hi, I have also received a letter for a parking offence from feb 2019 for £160.00.

What do toy mean "from a different address "?

Thanks
zeke

Post by zeke »

If you have a default judgment, then you can apply to set aside the judgment provided you can show that you did not live at the address on the judgment on the date it was made.

If you want to set aside a default judgment, you cannot make the application from the same address as the judgment itself.
itwasntme13

Post by itwasntme13 »

Just had the same letter from DCBL for a PCN back in 2017.

@zeke - in reference to #9 and #11 - I have since moved house and received this letter on a redirect. Therefore would I naturally have to set aside the judgement anyway, as if one were to be issued it would have been issued to an old address?

Is there a time limit on chasing a PCN? It has been 4 years and I thought some time limit must have passed as I had received no letters for a good maybe year before dcbl started getting in touch about a month ago.
zeke

Post by zeke »

The rules on limitations for a penalty charge notice and a parking charge notice are different, and you have a parking charge notice.

The limit for the enforcement of a parking charge notice enforced with a county court judgment is six years.

If the judgment is transferred to a writ of control (a High Court Writ) the enforcement ceases to be exercisable after 12 months.

The judgment must be greater than £600 before it can be transferred up to the High Court.

Your options depend on whether DCBL are acting as debt collectors for a parking company, or enforcing a High Court writ.

If you can tell us which of these DCBL is enforcing, then we can give you the appropriate guidance on how to stop the enforcement power, bearing in mind the debt is linked to a previous address.
itwasntme13

Post by itwasntme13 »

@zeke DCBL are acting as debt collectors for a private parking company.
Si_dean

Post by Si_dean »

Hi Guys, new to this site and was hoping for some advice
From you guys.

So about 3 weeks ago i randomly received a letter from DCBL out of the blue from something dating back to 02nd April 2017!
Long story short i stopped for a second to pick my girlfriend up and i got a fine at LIverpool airport. Again, this was April 2017!!

After 3 or 4 episodes of “letter tennis “ back and two from them disputing the fine (and all recorded post and printed a copy of) not heard anything bCk from them, until randomly out of the blue i received a “notice of debt recovery for £160 … random charge! :lol: “ which was 3 weeks ago.

All the usual bla bla bla and even at the bottom of the letter it says this case is NOT subject to high court of bailiff action… yet DCBL are the “so called bailiff company” acting on behalf of the client so in confused. Its like they are making out it will go to a debt collecters when they “are” them in question writing the letter to me.

I see on this thread someone has had something similiar and upshot is to just ignore as its a begging letter! I take it this is rhe case here?

The 2nd letter i received a few days ago and it says none payment of the claim amount “may” result in county court judge etc.
I take it they are just using big words here to scare people into making payment.
On a separate side note, my dad had a parking eye fine where he parked his car in a golf club car park in wales for longer than the free grace period. Upshot being they sent 3 or 4 letters and he didnt actually receive any, so (amd this is where it becomes interesting), they then decided to send the letter to MY address but still marked for my dads attention.
Is that actually legal / is not a breach of data protection.
Very coincidental how my dad decided to pay his fine and its almost like because he paid his and the letter in his name for his car came to my house, that they’ve thought “oh hang on lets see if we can get this other liverpool airport one from 2017 paid” and queue the letters again!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Si_dean

Post by Si_dean »

Si_dean wrote: 12 Jul 2021 18:13 Hi Guys, new to this site and was hoping for some advice
From you guys.

So about 3 weeks ago i randomly received a letter from DCBL out of the blue from something dating back to 02nd April 2017!
Long story short i stopped for a second to pick my girlfriend up and i got a fine at LIverpool airport. Again, this was April 2017!!

When i received the original “fine” that was direct from
The client who issued the letter.
After 3 or 4 episodes of “letter tennis “ back and two from them disputing the fine (and all recorded post and printed a copy of) not heard anything bCk from them, until randomly out of the blue i received a “notice of debt recovery for £160 … random charge! :lol: “ which was 3 weeks ago.

All the usual bla bla bla and even at the bottom of the letter it says this case is NOT subject to high court of bailiff action… yet DCBL are the “so called bailiff company” acting on behalf of the client so in confused. Its like they are making out it will go to a debt collecters when they “are” them in question writing the letter to me.

I see on this thread someone has had something similiar and upshot is to just ignore as its a begging letter! I take it this is rhe case here?

The 2nd letter i received a few days ago and it says none payment of the claim amount “may” result in county court judge etc.
I take it they are just using big words here to scare people into making payment.

I have not responded to these 2 letters from DCBL verbally or wriiten.
On a separate side note, my dad had a parking eye fine where he parked his car in a golf club car park in wales for longer than the free grace period. Upshot being they sent 3 or 4 letters and he didnt actually receive any, so (amd this is where it becomes interesting), they then decided to send the letter to MY address but still marked for my dads attention.
Is that actually legal / is not a breach of data protection.
Very coincidental how my dad decided to pay his fine and its almost like because he paid his and the letter in his name for his car came to my house, that they’ve thought “oh hang on lets see if we can get this other liverpool airport one from 2017 paid” and queue the letters again!!
Katherineb

Post by Katherineb »

Hi

I was just wondering what you ended up doing about this matter - i am now in a similar situation,
Thank you
Commander John

Post by Commander John »

When these Cheesedicks send you the we got you Haha letters!

Look at the bottom line’s above the blue border it says in bold and underlined:

“This case is not subject to High court or Bailiff action”!

That means your letter is a great fire starter for the fireplace or into the recycling paper pile.

Commander Jôhn Ehrhart RN
zeke

Post by zeke »

They got another big bill yesterday for their Channel 5 TV show.

Yesterday at the Queen's Bench, an optician won £52,000 damages plus costs after being attended by a DCBL bailiff.

The optician's CCTV caught the bailiff saying the TV crew, - who looked like a pair of youths with a digital camera - had "nothing to do with him".

It turned out the optician didn't owe any money because I got the writ stayed, but DCBL ambushed him anyway.
Alexander12

Post by Alexander12 »

MartinS wrote: 24 Jul 2018 13:28 Hi
I'm new to the site I've received a debt recovery letter from dcbl for an alleged parking fine at Liverpool airport which was back in 2015
I disputed the original £60 with the parking people and their solicitor and I did ask on a number of occasions to provide clear proof of signage and I would have paid
I heard nothing for months and just kept getting the odd letter from a solicitor called Wright Hassle I have now just received this debt recovery letter from dcbl asking me to pay £160 and it actually says at the bottom of the letter
This case is not subject to High court or Bailiff Action

Can any of you good people out there shed some light on this shit please

Also, I am looking for a mortgage broker south coast and found them from this link. I also wanted to hear your opinion or experience with them.

Thanks
Martin
That's really a headache, I wouldn't pay for that parking fine if they can't provide me a piece of evidence that it was prohibited to park in that area before. I think it's much better to just talk with the concerned department about this for now.

Hope you'll resolve this soon because 160 is still good money to just give away without justice.