Court costs

CSA/CMS, Rent arrears, VAT, Capital Contribution Orders, all other debts not listed above
Blaze9303

Court costs

Post by Blaze9303 »

Hi guys not bailiff related but looking for some advice with my housing association.

Last year with everything happening and supporting a family of 7 I got into rent arrears. I received a letter saying that it was going to be taken to court so we contacted them to get it sorted. The person we was dealing with made multiple mistakes from getting our names wrong to admitting that he had not seen payments that we had previously made. From this he told us that the case would be adjurned. All of this was about 3 weeks before being due in court so we was under the impression the case wasn't going ahead as he made a mistake and could clearly see that we had made some payments which were more then the minimum payments they were asking for. Skip forwards we have now received a letter stating that we have to pay over £300 in court fees that we believed would not be going a head.we have tried to dispute this but the guy isn't having any of it. Where do we stand in this please, as of we had known the case was still going ahead we would have attended and argued our case which I believe we would have won due to payments we had made and he's incompetentcy to not get basic details correct. Thanks in advance
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Re: Court costs

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Stop arguing the toss with the guy and go to his manager, and then their managers if needed. Collate all the evidence.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere