Letter from Dcbl

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Gracy

Letter from Dcbl

Post by Gracy »

Hi guys, new here.
I received a letter from DCBL yesterday, I was quite taken back by it, I have a CCJ from a parking fine which must be at least 5+ years ago, I moved to this address in July 2017 and I sort of remember receiving a letter at my previous address, about a parking fine maybe late 2016/early 2017 but ignored it, think I over parked in Lidl, can't honestly remember, I've only today realised I had a CCJ, dated Feb 2018, while looking at my credit report, I was quite shocked, other letters may have gone to my previous address but this is the first letter I've had at this address, they are asking for £352...wow...I did try ringing them but was 66th on the waiting list lol, so hung up, it does say on the letter that, 'This case is not subject to High Court or Bailiff action' does anybody know what that means and also, it says that 'if I don't reply within 14 days of the date of this letter, it will result in my case being reviewed for legal recovery and such costs being added to the debt for recovery'. Can anyone please enlighten me on what to do next? Thank you in advance :)
zeke

Re: Letter from Dcbl

Post by zeke »

Apply to stay the enforcement and set aside the judgment CPR 23:10. You will need evidence of the date you moved when you make the application.

Search online "set aside judgment bailiffs" will tell you how to do it.

It will cancel the judgment and the enforcement.

You have a very limited time period for this
Erayko55

Post by Erayko55 »

Did you recieve the ccj because of another private car parking charge did it have anything to do with dcbl???

I got 6 leeltters come through a week ago one from 2019. £160 each I aint got a clue what to do. Should I just pay I really dont know.... I CAN NOT AFFORD TO HAVE A CCJ, not right now, we are trying to apply for a mortgage :shock:
Itshaych

Post by Itshaych »

Any update?
Apo100l

Post by Apo100l »

Have pretty much the same issue.

The last paragraph goes like:
Failing to make Payment
You now have 14 days from the date of this letter to either pay the outstanding amount or call us to discuss repayment. This case is not subject to High Court or bailiff action, however should you fail to contact us, we will recommend to our client the commencement of legal action against you.

Date of contravention is 25/01/2020
Just found this post and swing I am a week behind and not contacted these guys: DCBL..

Still can do CCJ.
As the story a bit different.

I started appeal by righting to them and in the process I got mortgage and moved house, however wrote the initial guys of my new address. Now just 14 days before 3yrs date - they right me with these topical letter.
Including:
This case is not subject to High court or bailiff action

Any quick advise welcome as over weekend I plan to write CCJ and all advise appreciated…
zeke

Post by zeke »

No need to take any action. Just bin it.

If you get a claim form, then post it back here and we can show you how to vigorously defend it and make it financially untenable for the bailiff company to carry on pursuing it.
Apo100l

Post by Apo100l »

thanks lot.
For me is a learning curve in all this, but I found all skills I learn and succeed to complete very useful for my community volunteering tasks. ;)

While waiting for reply, I sent them email from the template found on this forum to their found online email addresses (collections@dcbltd.com and mail@dcbltd.com)
starting something like:

"The debt is denied. Please refer the case back to your principal. "
outlining several genuine reasons

any issue on responding this ways to expect?
zeke

Post by zeke »

DCBL will take no notice of that.

It tells them they have a live debtor and they will start coming round.
Apo100l

Post by Apo100l »

Hi. To update:

1. DCBL sent another posted letter (Final Reminder)
2. Replied to the email pointing to what did happened from their point of view.
  • You appealed to Met Parking Services Ltd, and that appeal was subsequently rejected.
  • Met Parking Services Ltd issued a POPLA code for you to appeal further
  • Please note, this Notice of Rejection, including the POPLA code, was emailed to you to the email address used when submitting your appeal
  • Met Parking Services Ltd provided details on how to appeal to POPLA online using the provided code with 28 days of the date of issue
  • You chose not to follow this process. Met Parking Services Ltd are not obligated to re-address appeals once a decision has been made, unless overturned by POPLA. The timeframe in which to further appeal this charge has now expired.
and added in the end:
When a PCN reaches Debt Recovery stage, there is no appeal process to adhere to. Therefore, DCBL will not engage in any disputes you have with Met Parking Services Ltd, nor will any further responses be provided regarding the points DCBL have already addressed.
DCBL have a legitimate interest in this matter due to the fact instruction is received from the client in Debt Recovery action of an unpaid debt. Whilst the case remains unpaid, the purpose for processing remains. As such, DCBL will continue to send you Notices of Debt Recovery unless the instruction is revoked by the client.
Payment of £200.00 is required to prevent further action being taken. Payment can be made via bank transfer using the following payment details:
DCBL
Sort Code: 20-24-09
Account Number: 60430781

Please ensure you use your DCBL Reference Number (3884770) as the reference for the payment.
Alternatively, you can contact DCBL on 0203 434 0432 to make payment over the telephone. DCBL’s office is open Monday to Friday, 8am until 5pm.
Should the PCN remain unpaid upon completion of our letter cycle, Met Parking Services Ltd's next steps could be to proceed the matter to court.

At this time, you may wish to seek your own independent legal advice regarding the evidence you may hold.

That is recommended course of actions would be now. Any suggestions?
zeke

Post by zeke »

I don't think DCBL has locus standi to bring proceedings against a debtor of another company. It is not a regulated law firm.

If you get a claim form from a county court, then defend it.

We would need to see the pleaded claim particulars before commenting on the basis of their claim.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Have you dona all the usual proof of signage, proof of parking, proof of contract between Met Parking and the landowner?

You can ignore DCBL because they're acting as debt collectors, not bailiffs.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
Apo100l

Post by Apo100l »

Syd Snitkin wrote: 20 Feb 2023 20:38 Have you dona all the usual proof of signage, proof of parking, proof of contract between Met Parking and the landowner?
You can ignore DCBL because they're acting as debt collectors, not bailiffs.
No I did not as far as I remember. I do not even remember who parked my car there initially. 2 yrs of stress at work life and house renovation.
Is it too late now.
Found this website quite recently as my thread was closed on moneysavingexpert forum, and already send quite few of friends to bailiffhelpforum.

DCBL
When is next move/how long to ignore?
Is it reasonable to contact initial customer (Shell or BP petrol station) and ask to intervene?
Is it reasonable to challenge them to issue court proceedings in order to fast forward this event?
Bailiffs only act on court order?

Doo they have any leg to stand on? In general Debt collectors.
Or is this like a ""who's balls a bigger" industry. I mean they know someone made mistake - and now they after the money and using legal+ terminology to bully and harass person who's name they got.

Majority of my acquaintances or (minor EU communities ) would pay off debt/fee/PCN/penalty, if it is sound legit, lawful etc.or potentially right.
as they have no knowledge, time and skills.
They would have to hire someone to deal with it. (Get advice, hire an interpreter as minimum). there is no CAB easy available in my county.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

It's not too late. Type "Provide a copy of the contract between yourselves and the landholder" into Google to get a template (include the speech marks)

Ask the parking company for evidence of the signage that was in place on the date of the alleged incident and that is was clearly displayed where they allege you parked. Also ask for dated and timed photographic evidence of the vehicle entering and leaving the premises on the date of the alleged incident.

I've done this a few times - the contract one seems to work best and the landowner just cancels the ticket as they don't want to disclose any contract information.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

Here's a template.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/template-for ... otice.html

I originally made it for my own use when I was nabbed by a private parking company.

It's been plagiarised over the years, but apparently, it still seems to work.
Apo100l

Post by Apo100l »

Thanks guys. Will do that and update when smth comes my way…