DVLA fine CDER group

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Josho

DVLA fine CDER group

Post by Josho »

Years ago (2015) I had a fine for having a car that was taxed but not insured. I got none of the letters as I had moved from my dad's house and wasn't on taking terms.

I then had a baliff at his.

I shot to a court 3 hours away to do a sworn declaration.

Anyway it got taken to a local court. Before I got into the room the DVLA man came out went through my files, saw the mistake and offered to take it down to 25 quid rather than going ahead.

Cannot remember what happened after that. I thought I paid it there and then.

Anyway a month ago I got a letter from HMCTS and called them, they said I had to get thru to the local court.

Impossible.

Got another email address yesterday and am awaiting a response.

Anyway CDER have text and we're helpful the first time but are now being unhelpful.

Enforcement action is imminent apparently and they reckon I should go to a local court and do a sworn declaration.

Not sure what I need to swear to?

Is this correct?

Secondly my wife owns the house. Everything inside it is hers. What do I do about this? Can I go and swear an affidavit stating this or does she need to?

Obviously I want it sorted but I do not want to pay an enforcement agency.

Thanks!
zeke

Re: DVLA fine CDER group

Post by zeke »

If you make a declaration at the magistrate's court, they will immediately revoke it and list an impromptu hearing and re-convict you there and then.

You are much better to make a statutory declaration under section 14 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980.

That must be sworn before a solicitor and sent by secured Roal Mail post to the court. That revokes the conviction and the fine.

It is up to the court whether it wants to relist your case and retry you on the same set of facts.

Do not contact CDER Group. They will mess you about.

If the bailiff calls at your wife's property, she can make a statutory declaration attesting she owns all goods at the property.

This needs to be sworn by a solicitor and sent to the creditor and the bailiff company.

Here are some other remedies available to you.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/stop-magistr ... ement.html
Josho

Post by Josho »

Thank you!

I don't quite understand all the terminology, will writing to the court not have the same affect?

I will book an appointment at a solicitor ASAP.

Should I forward a copy to CDER group.

I wonder whether me and the wife should go Monday and make a stat dec.
zeke

Post by zeke »

You need to get the statutory declaration prepared before approaching a solicitor.

Writing to the court and sending it to CDER will achieve nothing meaningful.