Enforcement Team Text Message

Ask your question, we might be able to figure it out.
zeke

Re: Enforcement Team Text Message

Post by zeke »

If the sender is anonymous or withheld, then report it because there is no reason why anyone should be sending a menacing text message hiding their identity.

Here is how to deal with nuisance text messages
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

This reminds me of something my wife got earlier this year regarding a firm chasing a PPI claim commission. Told them to go forth.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

I've never had PPI but I still got the spam. I would have thought PPI reclaims was dead & buried with the bank charges reclaims.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

Nah, they're still going. Missus made an enquiry last year, received a pack but didn't take it any further after I told her it's a waste of time. These shysters now think they're owed something. When you phone them it's always an Indian guy.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Post by zeke »

I don't get it. Someone borrow £10k. They pay back £15k. Now they are owed PPI refunds of £7k.

I remember the CAG board went to town over PPI but I never got to the bottom of it.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Syd Snitkin wrote: 18 Aug 2018 22:29 Nah, they're still going. Missus made an enquiry last year, received a pack but didn't take it any further after I told her it's a waste of time. These shysters now think they're owed something. When you phone them it's always an Indian guy.
I thought they had stopped charging up-front fees a while ago, at least that's what Clever Shazz said just over two years ago, when they were featuring on their then new LB Compare site (CMCs were subsequently removed after a certain website pointed out the obvious contradiction ;) )
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Schedule 12 wrote: 19 Aug 2018 11:39 I don't get it. Someone borrow £10k. They pay back £15k. Now they are owed PPI refunds of £7k.

I remember the CAG board went to town over PPI but I never got to the bottom of it.
CAG encouraged people to take their bank to court rather than just complaining and then going through FOS, I still recall a post where the OP said they'd issued a claim against Citigroup and got a default judgment after Citi failed to respond, they hired bailiffs to enforce it, but the bailiffs struggled to gain admission to the Citi HQ in Canary Wharf! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Syd Snitkin »

There wasn't anything entered into at all. From what I've read online this outfit have a bit of a reputation.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Michelle wrote: 19 Aug 2018 14:15
CAG encouraged people to take their bank to court rather than just complaining and then going through FOS,
Total opposite what they advise now.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Schedule 12 wrote: 19 Aug 2018 14:31
Michelle wrote: 19 Aug 2018 14:15
CAG encouraged people to take their bank to court rather than just complaining and then going through FOS,
Total opposite what they advise now.
That was around 10 years ago, they have probably had some experiences that suggest that's not the best course of action since then.

Knowledge is Power.
zeke

Post by zeke »

The current craze is delayed and cancelled flight compensation. I'm surprised more ambulance chasers haven't signed up.
Net

Post by Net »

I have been exactly the same worrying about the same
I spoke to Stepchange Debt Charity & they said that you should receive a letter if enforcement are involved in your debts
Net

Post by Net »

Nikki calla wrote: 16 Aug 2018 14:41 Help please anyone

Received an sms today

No number just states enforcement

Says my full name as claimant
My home post code as the reference
And then states they have been trying to get in touch and now been sent for immediate enforcement and the enforcement team will be at my address in next 7 days

However there is no contact details to ring them or anything to say who it is

Just ends with enforcement team

Please someone help I suffer with anxiety this is sending me crazy

I have been exactly the same worrying about the same
I spoke to Stepchange Debt Charity & they said that you should receive a letter if enforcement are involved in your debts
MrsC17

Post by MrsC17 »

Hello. We got the same text last Thursday, saying they'll be here within 7 days then hubby received a text again today (about same time as you's) saying exact same thing as this post mentions.

No number, no contact details

Debtor Name: husband's 1st name
Client ID: door number and post code is here
We have made numerous unsuccessful attempts to contact you. This case has now been escalated for IMMEDIATE ENFORCMENT. We will be attending your address within 7 days. Enforcement Team
Rocky761

Post by Rocky761 »

I've received 2 text messages from ENFORCEMENT, both just stating my postcode and house number. No details of what the supposed arrears are, but that an agent will be visiting etc...

The only arrears I've got are currently being paid, but seems suspicious that I filled in an online form enquiring about an IVA and now am being bombarded.

I've also received one from BAILIFF - stating exactly the same thing. I've reported them to ICO and OFCOM, but I am anxious that someone is going to turn up and demand money from me.

Neither of these messages refer to me, my name, or have an account number or who the debt is for?

Is that right? Can they do that without sending letters?
zeke

Post by zeke »

If you have reported them online then the senders service may be suspended for breach of the acceptable use policy (AUP).

I wouldn't think any more of it .
Kerrid

Post by Kerrid »

Hi, i recieved a txt last night, sender just says BAILIFF, it does not state my name postcode or who it is in reference to. Im just wondering if anyone actually had anyone turn up after receiving these texts
zeke

Post by zeke »

Some advisers work for bailiff companies while pretending to work for the debtor.

So there is an element of risk when you approach a company for help, you never know if they are taking kickback from a bailiff company.

Here is how to deal with a text pest. https://www.nationalbailiffadvice.uk/Sp ... liffs.html

You can also report a concern to the Financial Conduct Authority.
delta157

Post by delta157 »

zeke

Post by zeke »

It used to be Newlyn and JBW that sent spam texts from an anomymised senders number.

On DWB, everyone was encouraged to hand them in and the ICO found the texts originated from a software program used by bailiff companies and the software company (the SMSC) had its services terminated for abuse.

When it stopped the nuisance texts, several bailiffs apparently under their own initiative started using an app on an Android device that sends spoof text messages, but they were unaware the messages could be backtracked to device IMEI sending the text which then identifies the SIM card the device currently, or last used over the GSM network.

A certain internet troll was caught out using this precise method, who interestingly once bragged on the internet about being a BT engineer - who should have known better. It could be his technical knowledge was in PSTNs rather than IP/GSM.
sarahdisley95

Post by sarahdisley95 »

Hi
I received two messages from the enforcement team one last Wednesday and one this morning the is no contact number , no company name , no number or what I owe just these messages . I haven’t received a letter in the post about this the no company name on the message, I have reported it but I am still anxious about it

MESSAGE FOR ) my name ) Our agents have attempted to contact you regarding your outstanding arrears. Your account has escalated to our enforcement team. They will be attending ( my postcode ) within 7 days to list goods for removal . This is the first message I received last Wednesday with

FINAL NOTICE FOR ( my name ) Our agents have attempted to contact you regarding your outstanding arrears. Your account has escalated to our enforcement team. They will be attending ( my postcode ) within 48 hours to list goods for removal. If you are in any Legal/ Debt plan have documents ready. I received this message this morning
zeke

Post by zeke »

It's bailiffs or a debt collector trying to trace you and get you to make contact so they can get your address.

Set your phone to block unknown callers. Their messages will bounce.

This article shows you how to deal with a text pest.

https://www.stopthebailiffs.uk/are-bail ... sages.html

https://www.stopthebailiffs.uk/bailiff- ... ck-on.html
sarahdisley95

Post by sarahdisley95 »

Hi zeke I have reported these messages to action fraud and I have spoken to people they are 99 percent sure this a scam, I have checked my credit file the is no CCJ or anything to suggest that an enforcement team is coming to my postcode, I haven’t received any letters through the post about an enforcer team coming to my postcode , I have tried to block it but I can’t as the no number or contact information I have reported it to my phone provider but no one got back to me yet, I am just stressed out and feeling very anxious that someone going to turn up .
zeke

Post by zeke »

If your phone is an android phone, then this will show you how to block unknown callers (callers without a number)

https://www.howtogeek.com/775028/how-to ... n-android/

If a message is putting you in fear for your safety, the sender commits an offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003. It should be reported to the police.