Fined for parking in own bay always paid for in advance

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
TheNakedApe

Fined for parking in own bay always paid for in advance

Post by TheNakedApe »

I have recently been contacted by DCBL ltd with a notice of debt recovery - unpaid parking charge £170
charged for expired ticket/voucher/permit.

The reason I never displayed a permit was that I was never given one, the parking contractors who were eventually dismissed from our estate never sent it so, I couldn't display what I wasn't given.
I have always paid for my parking in advance and always in credit, so do not understand what I am being fined for.
I have not received letters, they say that this happened on the 25th of October 2018 where I think that I may have received one demand for payment from MET parking which I took to be a phishing scam as I paid for my parking and was not given a permit so thought it was a scam.
Now I get a letter saying that I need to pay them £170.

It does say at the bottom that This is not subject to High Court or Bailiff Action still I am really disappointed in how parking contractors use this kind of scam.
We have a new operator who tried the same scam again this year my Housing organisation intervened and threatened them for withholding my permit.

It seems that not enough real offences are being committed so they come after legitimate residents parking in their own (paid) parking bays to be used as cash cows.

They threaten me, but I think that this is really wrong, or maybe it's just me and I am the wrong one?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

photo of doc with personal details taken out

DCBL demand.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Re: Fined for parking in own bay always paid for in advance

Post by zeke »

You need to find out whether DCBL has the right to pursue the action (locus standi).

This article should help.

https://stopthebailiffs.uk/stop-private ... ckets.html
TheNakedApe

Re: Fined for parking in own bay always paid for in advance

Post by TheNakedApe »

Thank you, Zeke, I really appreciate your response.

Hu