DCBL - Notice of Intended Legal Action

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
KDD122

DCBL - Notice of Intended Legal Action

Post by KDD122 »

Hi there

Newbie here and I have attempted to go back through older posts to see if I could find the identical issue I have.

I received 3 parking fines dating back to 2018 and ignored threats in previous letters. However, this morning I received 3 Notices of Intended Legal Action that I am somewhat more worried about ignoring.

I have attached one of these letters here. Should I contain to ignore or would I need to pay each of these fines now?

Your advice is very much appreciated!

Best

Kristian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Syd Snitkin
The Watcher

Re: DCBL - Notice of Intended Legal Action

Post by Syd Snitkin »

It's just an invoice that can ignored - nothing is at an enforcement stage.

Send a letter to Topher Ltd asking them to outline their losses and provide a copy of the contract between themselves and the landowner.

Type "Provide a copy of the contract between yourselves and the landholder" into Google to get a template

Another thing to try is to ask for photographic evidence of the signs that were in place at the time of the alleged contravention and their locations in the car park.
Former General Manager of a nursing home, trained in music and classical guitar, MBA in contract law, expert legal commentator on bailiff law. enjoys PG tips. No not me, some screwball elsewhere
zeke

Re: DCBL - Notice of Intended Legal Action

Post by zeke »

It is likely that DCBL doesn't have the right to sue you on behalf of the parking company.

You can defend such a claim on the grounds the claimant does not have locus standi to bring this claim