Writ of control - defaulted and bailiff wants to force entry

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Ky2021

Writ of control - defaulted and bailiff wants to force entry

Post by Ky2021 »

Hi I would really appreciate any advice.

This morning I had a phone call saying the high court bailiff was at my address and was about to break entry to my home.

I’d been paying £100 a month for a southern water debt I’ve probably paid £700 and then missed 3 payment and I own around 1200. I haven’t signed anything today or seen any paperwork but I do remember this was a high court order originally.

I’m a lone parent/single mum my daughter is 8yo.

I’m a full time student and I work part time and receive universal credit

Because I’ve defaulted he said he has an order to break entry and seize goods and he has the paperwork with a warrant to force entry but I didn’t see this. I begged him not to do that, my landlord lives Opposite me and I’m fairly sure this would cause me issues if the door was kicked down.

He gave me 30mins to borrow the £1200 or it was going up to £1700 and he was breaking in to take control of goods. I have no close friends or family and I relocated when I separated from my ex partner so I’m isolated.

I met him outside the property and by that point I’m ashamed to say I was hysterical and my daughter was crying and visibly very distressed.

He agreed to wait until Tues and take £1200 payment from my student loan, but this will mean I will likely have to quit studying I just can’t see any way out of this.

I’m desperately trying to get my life together but it continues to spiral. I rang step change and they just read me the info that’s on their website and said my only real option was to let him in and show him I don’t own anything’s which is the truth, I don’t even own a telly. There’s hardly any furniture here and I’ve already sold anything of any worth when we moved here.

I’m guessing I’m out of options and should pay the 1200 before it goes up again? Thank you for listening
Ky2021

Re: Writ of control - defaulted and bailiff wants to force entry

Post by Ky2021 »

I meant to add he was wearing a radio and I thought he was a police officer when I first arrived and he told me to stop playing games with him saying I’m on Universal Credit when I already told him I was at work.
I explained I only receive a very small top up from UC and not playing games, I have £24 to my name until next week.

I’d be terrified of him coming back now if I defaulted on the verbal agreement because he knows where I live and he knows I’m here alone with my daughter and he seemed really frightening.
Ky2021

Post by Ky2021 »

I’ve just checked and I owed £674.00 in Jan 2022 which I think is probably the last payment I made. So since then it’s gone up to £1200 today, and £1700 if I don’t pay them on Tues.
thank you.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Apply for a stay and a varation. The puts the bailifffs and his fees to bed.

Any money taken comes off the judgment debt.

Search online. Apply to stay a writ vary the judgment.
Ky2021

Post by Ky2021 »

Thank you. Can that still be done if I’ve broken the agreement? And is he likely to break in on Tuesday when I don’t pay?
zeke

Post by zeke »

Yes.

No.

Just get the thing stayed and varied. The bailiffs are off your back.