Cabot. Overdraft debt

CSA/CMS, Rent arrears, VAT, Capital Contribution Orders, all other debts not listed above
Danp0407

Cabot. Overdraft debt

Post by Danp0407 »

Hi, i hope this is posted in the correct place

I have been contacted by cabot in regards to an overdraft dating back to 2014. I requested they send me some form of proof i owe the debt. They managed to get 2 years worth of statements. The account was opened in 2003. They now say i owe the £1798 overdraft, BUT the letter also says, they will give me 50% discount if i pay within 12 months. It also says, the debt can only be paid over 12 months no longer, but there is no expiration date on this offer, i can pay it when i can afford to basically.

The debt has passed 6 years so not on my credit file anymore. This debt has been passed around a few collection agencies, i was paying £1 token payments up untill 2017.

Any help or advice appreciated
zeke

Re: Cabot. Overdraft debt

Post by zeke »

the debt will become barred next year on the date you last paid £1 in 2017.

It looks like different debt collectors are having a go and trying their luck.

Park it.
Michelle

Re: Cabot. Overdraft debt

Post by Michelle »

Danp0407 wrote: 16 Feb 2022 19:57 Hi, i hope this is posted in the correct place

I have been contacted by cabot in regards to an overdraft dating back to 2014. I requested they send me some form of proof i owe the debt. They managed to get 2 years worth of statements. The account was opened in 2003. They now say i owe the £1798 overdraft, BUT the letter also says, they will give me 50% discount if i pay within 12 months. It also says, the debt can only be paid over 12 months no longer, but there is no expiration date on this offer, i can pay it when i can afford to basically.

The debt has passed 6 years so not on my credit file anymore. This debt has been passed around a few collection agencies, i was paying £1 token payments up untill 2017.

Any help or advice appreciated
Those discount offers are to get you to acknowledge the debt and reset the statute barred clock. Ignore them!
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.