CCJ for wrong address

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
Tracypg

CCJ for wrong address

Post by Tracypg »

Hi,

My partner got a call this morning from someone from Northampton Court saying that there had been a CCJ against him and did he know about it?

I'm not really sure who he was, and there is a CCJ on his credit file, none of which we knew about until the call. It appears that Arrow Global has taken action for a debt from 2006 and have sent all the paperwork to his old address which he left in August 2020. His ex still lives there, but obviously hasn't done anything about post coming for him.

We're using a company to get the CCJ removed and they are preparing the paperwork for the setting aside (?) by Tuesday at the latest, but my question is, what happens if the bailiffs turn up at the old address and the ex tells him his new address? Can the bailiffs enforce at a different address to the one on the paperwork?

Thanks
zeke

Re: CCJ for wrong address

Post by zeke »

The bailiff can only take control of goods where the debtor "usually lives".

Work to get the judgment set aside on the grounds you did not know of the claim. CPR 23.10.

Then email the County Court and ask for the original claim form, then defend it.