Partner Harassed by Baliff Months after Consent Order To Drop Case Signed by Court

Apply to Stay the Writ. Set Aside the Judgment. Apply for more time to pay. Stop the Bailiff. Cancel the Fees.
sam-l95

Partner Harassed by Baliff Months after Consent Order To Drop Case Signed by Court

Post by sam-l95 »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if I could get some advice.

I got a very panicked call from my partner today as there was a baliff at the door threatening to remove goods if she didn't pay within 30 minutes. The debt had been settled around two months ago via a consent order signed by both parties and then dismissed by the court. The debt was for a private parking ticket.

Luckily my partner had stepped outside and closed the door before he managed the get inside. I told her to give the baliff my number and then step inside and lock the door. He responded very agressively to this, shouting things like 'its not the 1980s mate!'. Note I also no longer live at the address, and had made this explicit (including giving my new address) to the solicitors working for DCBL. That said, my name was still on the electoral role there, so the change of address may not hold any legal weight as I admit I should have changed this. The baliff also attended twice at 6am and no one answered the door.

After my partner got inside and locked the door, I forwarded the baliff the letter from the court saying the claim was dismissed and he immediatly went away. I have repeatedly asked him to confirm he will not be visiting again and for confirmation he was attending in error, but he has not replied and after reading my messages blocked me on whatsapp.

I would like to take legal action as the mistake caused by DCBL caused large amounts of stress for me and my partner. In addition to this, he was not gracoious enough to confirm he had infact attended the address in error, which only added to the stress.

I understand I need to prove that his/their actions constitue harassment - do you think I have any chance of this, and if I do, what are the first steps I should take?

Thanks a lot in advance.
sam-l95

Re: Partner Harassed by Baliff Months after Consent Order To Drop Case Signed by Court

Post by sam-l95 »

A point I forgot to mention - the baliff was called Paul Butlin. I have seen that others on this site have taken court action against him.
psxgunman

Re: Partner Harassed by Baliff Months after Consent Order To Drop Case Signed by Court

Post by psxgunman »

Report to police as its an attempted theft / fraud by false representation

Then report to the court as an EAC2 complaint over the fitness of this person to be certificated

Then report the matter to the initial creditor and ask them how much they intend to offer you to settle the matter before you pursue them for civil claim damages