Damage to vehicle

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Dark

Damage to vehicle

Post by Dark »

Hi,

My vehicle was clamped some time ago and the bailiff whom clamped it scratched my paint by hitting the car’s wheel arch when placing the onto the wheel.

I requsted fotage of the incident and filled a complaint with the company responsible for the attending bailif. It can be clearly seen in the footage that the bailif hits the wheel arch with the clamp prior to getting it onto the wheel itself. However they dismissed the claim as I am sure they do most first attempts. Some family issues arose and I’ve not re contacted them regarding the matter again, the last correspondence dates back to October last year which is a little after the incident occured.

Would appreciate any advice on how to go about claiming, whether I should pass this onto a solicitor and any other advice you maybe able to offer.

Thanks in advance.
zeke

Re: Damage to vehicle

Post by zeke »

There is a procedure you must follow.

Take photographs of the damage to your car

Report it to the bailiff company and to the creditor and make a record of the time and date you made the report. Include the photographs.

Get estimates for the repairs, receipts etc.

Give a letter of claim to give the creditor an opportunity to settle.

The bailiff company will give photographs of the car immediately before they took contro of it, and can examine if thew damage shows in them, and if not, the damage is attributed to the bailiff.

File the claim on Money Claim online against the creditor and the bailiff, not ther bailiff company.
Dark

Post by Dark »

Hi thanks for the detailed repsonse it is very much appreciated.

“ Report it to the bailiff company and to the creditor and make a record of the time and date you made the report. Include the photographs.

Get estimates for the repairs, receipts etc.

Give a letter of claim to give the creditor an opportunity to settle.

The bailiff company will give photographs of the car immediately before they took contro of it, and can examine if thew damage shows in them, and if not, the damage is attributed to the bailiff.”

I have done these things already and they are stating that they didn’t cause the damage although it’s very clear they did. They didn’t supply any still pictures. They only supplied the video.

So from what you’ve started I believe the next stage would be to proceed with a money claim online?
zeke

Post by zeke »

You need to give a letter of claim setting out the heads of claim and set a deadline.

If not paid, then file a claim on MCOL.