previous cases

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
zebrajellyfish

previous cases

Post by zebrajellyfish »

hello
i have a issue with a bailiff and they clamped my vehicle that is on HP. i am looking find if online the judgment for cases where the bailiff company has lost its case for clamping and removing HP vehicles. i have seen Mulwanyi v London Borough of Croydon and Newlyn Plc as a case and Tandea v Marston Group Limited from a website

The bailiff was aware the vehicle was on HP but continued to threatened to remove vehicle. after a while he left but left the clamp on so i wasnt able to use my vehicle.
can anyone help by showing me the rulings and cases please.....

i want to use this information to make a complaint

thanks
zebrajellyfish

Re: previous cases

Post by zebrajellyfish »

I have not given too many details on this case as the bailiff company's are know to be on the forums and can prepare themselves knowing the advice that is given in a open forum...

i will give a full run down later tho
zeke

Re: previous cases

Post by zeke »

You can apply for an injunction, and apply for your damages and your costs.

The enforcement becomes toxic for the bailiff and the PCN debt being enforced becomes a lost cause.

No need for rulings because it's based on legislation.

If you want a ruling then its Mulwayni vs London Borough of Croydon and Newlyn Plc. The case ended very badly for Newlyn. A £14K bill.

This article explains the legal position with clamping hire purchase cars.

https://www.stopthebailiffs.uk/hire-pur ... chase.html