DCBL

Swan

DCBL

Post by Swan »

We live on a private estate that has parking permit for residents. We received a notice of debt recovery dated 18/09/2020 ” from DCBL with a contravention date of July 2016. We haven’t responded to this, then today another letter “ letter of claim” can you explain how best to deal with this .. they are asking for £170.00.

Thank you.
zeke

Re: DCBL

Post by zeke »

Do nothing.

Its a claim for a private eparking ticket.

When you have the form N1, and grounds of claim, then start the show. Put them on strict proof.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Do nothing.

Its a claim for a private parking ticket.

When you have the form N1, and grounds of claim, then start the show. Put them on strict proof.
Katherineb

Post by Katherineb »

I had a letter over the weekend from DCBL asking for £170 from a parking charge last year.

I challenged it and sent proof of parking payment.

On the bottom it says
This case is not subject to high court or bailliff action.

Do you think I need to do anything ?
zeke

Post by zeke »

The statement "This case is not subject to the high court or bailiff action." was mandated on DCBL following a fraud investigation, because their letters had the word "bailiffs" on them misleading the recipient there is an enforcement power.

No further action.

If you get court papers, then defend the whole claim. That makes it financially toxic and they will abandon it.

They cannot recover solicitors fees because its a small claims track claim, and the claimant is an Ltd company.
Katherineb

Post by Katherineb »

Thank you.

Do you think I should contact anyone at all about this ?
zeke

Post by zeke »

No. Just park it.