Parking Tickets/ DCBL notifications

Cbarron

Parking Tickets/ DCBL notifications

Post by Cbarron »

I received two separate parking tickets in an NHS hospital staff car park well over a year ago, despite displaying valid staff parking permits.
The reason they issued both tickets was, 1. because my back wheel was up on a kerb, and 2. because I parked on a double yellow line within the small car park. I had to park in both placed was because there was no clear parking space left for those staff members issued with a permit as other non permitted cars were driving over the flower beds to access the car park and parked without displaying a valid parking permit. I pointed this out to the officer issuing the tickets but I was ignored.
I ignored both tickets and subsequent letters of warning as I was so angry at this injustice. I eventually disposed of the PCNs and letters as I had not heard from them for months. Additionally I have since left that organisation and had to submit my permit.
However, yesterday I received two letters from a company called DCBL telling me to pay or make contact, and if I don't pay my case will be reviewed for legal action. I feel like I should continue to ignore these warning.... your advice would be appreciated?
zeke

Re: Parking Tickets/ DCBL notifications

Post by zeke »

Without seeing the DCBL letter I cannot comment on whether the debt is enforceable in the High Court, or DCBL are merely acting as debt collectors and tracing agents.

Can you show a coy of the demand, and redact any of your personal details from it,
Cbarron

Post by Cbarron »

15712917306684353384946729634008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Post by zeke »

It's not worth the paper it's written on. Its not court authority to take control of goods.

Only challenge it if you a notice of action. DCBL is not authorised to litigate or represent anyone at court. They are only bailiffs.
Cbarron

Post by Cbarron »

That's what i thought Zeke but I just needed to be reassured. Thank you so much for your time and patience Zeke.
rubles04

Post by rubles04 »

Cbarron wrote: 17 Oct 2019 13:19 That's what i thought Zeke but I just needed to be reassured. Thank you so much for your time and patience Zeke.
Yes, always be sure...
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

I got one of these from DCBL last week for a private PCN two years ago - it looks like they are speculatively sending out invoices on the off-chance that someone is stupid enough to pay. DCBL added a £70 admin fee to the original charge of £60.
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

Just to add that it was also for Car Parking Partnership as the original creditor.
This explains why I haven't had a similar letter from DCBL for an infraction incurred 24 hours later at an NCP in a different part of the country.
Cbarron

Post by Cbarron »

15725456669813597751251593602508.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeke

Post by zeke »

It does not contain any enforcement threat. Park it.
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

I also got a follow-up letter last week identical to Cbarron's.
zeke

Post by zeke »

Let's see it
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

zeke wrote: 04 Nov 2019 00:06Let's see it
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

Just to add that I know for sure that DCBL are just trying their luck.
I've picked up the occasional private parking invoice over the years - I try my best to read the signs and keep to the rules but if a private parking invoice arrives in the post, I've always ignored them and the strategy seems to work.

However, in this instance, I did feel a bit hard done by - no markings, no warning signs and seeing as it was at the business park where I was working, I tried the recommended first step when dealing with a private parking ticket - i.e. informally approach the site owner in the first instance and make representations.

I was told in no uncertain terms that the site management office would not intervene but I was also told at the same time that the parking company would not take me to court - presumably that's part of their deal - get as many mugs to pay as you like but don't sue them in court.
zeke

Post by zeke »

You can park it.

DCBL is having a quiet spell at the moment and is dabbling in private parking tickets.
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

I got another "Final Notice of Debt Recovery" in the post from these clowns yesterday just like the one I posted upthread back in 2019.
Just for information and curiosity as to whether anyone else has received a similar zombie letter?
zeke

Post by zeke »

DCBL are sending them out like confetti.

Apparently with little success because people have wised up to private ticket bounty hunters.

If a claim is filed, then defend it. That makes the claim financially toxic for DCBL.
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

Cheers Zeke.

I thought as much - my only surprise is that the second private parking ticket I picked up hundreds of miles away 24 hours later hasn't ended up in their hands - for a while I was getting identical automated letters on consecutive weekdays from the same debt collectors for each case - you know the series - alternating threats and nicey-nicey.

They both predictably fizzled out but one of them ressurrected itself in 2019 and 2021.

I've kept all my photos and documentation but I know this one will go nowhere - the site management at the business park already told me that.

In the very unlikely that I receive a claim form I will engage once again with the site management to get a witness statement from them and that ought to kill it before it got to court.

The other ticket was unfortunate for both parties - it was at an NCP car park in Gloucester and I had no issue with the very reasonable charge but their machines wouldn't take the then-new style £1 coin - it wanted round pounds when they were very rare because they only had a few weeks left as legal tender.

I made an attempt to get some change but when I came back to the car 15 minutes later it had a ticket on it. For a short while I thought of engaging with them - maybe send them a cheque for £4 marked as "full and final settlement" but I decided to lie doggo instead and it seems to have worked.