Marstons complaint!!

Kaybenny88

Marstons complaint!!

Post by Kaybenny88 »

Hello,
I recently experienced a me Ben bishop from marstons at my property, it was one of the worst experiences with a bailiff I have encountered! A long story short I had a magistrate fine for a traffic offence in 2013 I've been paying it monthly (benefits) for some reason no fault of my own they stopped the payments without informing me of this, this lead to a visit for collection of payment I spoke to mr bishop via my window to say he was rude was an understatement he also lied! I rang the police as soon as I had discussed why he was there just to get some advice on what rights myself/me bishop had? Moving on he was coming back the next morning (never came) and I managed to get through to the fines office at the magistrate to explain that the situation was no fault of my own and they could see if paid for the last 4 years?? Anyway they apologised and said they would accept payment in the same form and they would cancel the bailiff. When explaining what happened she told me to put an official complaint in so I did... I have just received a letter back from marstons basically defending his behaviour and saying unfortunately they cannot retrieve his body cam footage so because they can't investigate allegations fully would I accept £50 as a good will gesture to end my complaint?? I'm send the cheque back as I feel it's not the outcome I wanted this man left my 9 yr old son in floods of tears after telling me I was being arrested he refused to tell me his full name or give me his employer id (all on the call to police) lied to police about the things he said & did and threatened me that he would clear my flat out and I better get on the phone and get a payment sorted!! There's more he was vile and quite threatening! im wanting to take this further as I feel he has got away with his behaviour he shouldn't be allowed to intimidate people like he did! I've done some research on mr bishop and im not the first he's done this too can anyone advise me if I have a chance of taking this further or where/who I would need to speak to in regards to this??
Many thanks
zeke

Re: Marstons complaint!!

Post by zeke »

If you turned down a token offer of £50 then that could undermine any further remedy - unless you can show a loss.

I know it's not much. But if the bailiff company wants you to sign a non-disclosure agreement then you can ask for £500.
Kaybenny88

Post by Kaybenny88 »

Thanks for your reply I'm not too fussed about the money side of it to be honest I just want to make sure this man is dealt with efficiently and doesn't get away with doing this to someone else. I want to take my compliant to the right place I just don't know where??
zeke

Post by zeke »

Complaining about a bailiff achieves very little. If you really want to hurt them, then hit them where it hurts. In the pocket.

If you have a cause of action then bring a claim on moneyclaimonline . The bailiff has to swallow the cost of defending the claim no matter the outcome.

For bailiffs and their lawyers, money is a big deal for them,
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

Sorry to bump an old thread but Ben Bishop is reapplying for his bailiff certificate at Birkenhead County Court on 14th August 2019 - anyone with any objections to the granting of the certificate can make representations to the court - the address of the court is Birkenhead County Court, 76 Hamilton St, Birkenhead CH41 5EN

The footage here is good grounds for complaint

Interestingly, Benjamin Ian Bishop's name was neither on the certificated bailiff register nor on the list of applications for a bailiff certificate when this footage was taken on 12 April 2019; hitherto he was registered at the same county court - he used to work with Jacobs before he moved to Marston.

I think perhaps he isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer judging from this article from a few years back.
zeke

Post by zeke »

A bailiff having the means to take his girlfriend and three kids to Disney Florida is quite an achievement.

If he is trading as a bailiff without authority then he commits an offence under 63(6) of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.
Kaybenny88

Post by Kaybenny88 »

Thanks for all the added info he’s a menace and should be banned entirely from being able to to do this! Just reading back on my thread my outcome ended up being 5 very apologetic letter with no actual knowledge of him being dealt with accordingly but with every apologetic letter the amount they offered went higher and higher they just wanted me to accept and go away really! I found out that he actually lived locally to me also which wasn’t a very pleasant thought if I was to ever bump into him :-/ the only reason they never challenged me on what I was saying was because luckily I had called the police while he was there and the police directed my call & question so when he was refusing to tell me his employee ID and was threatening to clear me out it was recorded the whole time via the phone call with the police which I later asked to retrieve to support my complaint he actually panicked asking who I was on the phone to I said a friend who is a solicitor he laughed and said what do you think their gonna do! He’s actually vile I’m seriously considering gathering my evidence and taking it along to the court to show how professional he actually is!
zeke

Post by zeke »

If you are questioning the applicants fitness to be authorised as a bailiff then the procedure is called an EAC2.

It is the practice of bailiff companies to threaten complainants with "costs" should the complaint fail, so it's common for complainants to protect themselves by making the complaint as a nominee. That way, any costs order is only made against the nominee, and dies.
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

Kaybenny88 wrote: 26 Jul 2019 09:10 He’s actually vile I’m seriously considering gathering my evidence and taking it along to the court to show how professional he actually is!
I really hope you follow this up.

I had a run-in with this chap a few years ago - long story short he seized a vehicle which had my name on the V5 but actually belonged to a friend of mine - there was and is docuementary evidence to prove this but all Ben would say is "we go off the log book".

To cut a long story short, I ended up paying to get the car released because of the distress it was causing my friend but not before giving him the runaround - he called the police 7 (yes seven) times in 3 days - to me this shows he can't do his job without help from the police so he is a drain on public resources.

My inquiries led me to the dog kennel article and I have serious doubts about his residency - he is on the electoral roll at his parents' address in Northwich but I suspect he lives with his partner and their children as stated in the dog kennel article.

I am sure there is an innocent explanation for the discrepancy and I very much doubt it has anything to do with cheating the benefits system.

He has set up two limited companies in recent years - BI Recoveries Limited (08633373) - registered at his parents' address - this company was struck off from the register because no accounts were filed.

http://www.checkcompany.co.uk/company/0 ... ES-LIMITED

He is now a director of Nation Recovery LTD (11200622), registered address PO Box 206 WA14 2PU - this is a mailbox service address.

This company is still active but there is a proposal to strike it off the register because the accounts are 5 months overdue - the company was founded on 12/2/2018 and the accounts were due on 25 February 2019.

I am sure Ben is completely honest and above board and that he pays all his taxes and is just too busy to get all his paperwork in order.

The YouTube footage suggests that he is truly shambolic - totally clueless and totally unfit to be a bailiff.
ethelnet

Post by ethelnet »

Further to this, there seems to be a problem with the registered bailiff site - when I saw the YouTube footage I checked and Ben Bishop wasn't on either the list of bailiffs or the list of people who have applied to be bailiffs yet when I checked it just now, he's on both lists - i.e. it says he has a hearing on the 14th August yet the same site says he was issued with a certificate on 15/10/2018 which expires on 2/10/2019 - that in itself is interesting because most certificates seem to be valid for 2 years rather than 50 weeks as in Ben's case
Phil58

Post by Phil58 »

Kaybenny88
What was your outcome to this bully
Kaybenny88

Post by Kaybenny88 »

Hi,
I never really got anywhere with them. I had a lot of apology letters and offers of payment that ended up being around £400. They told me that unfortunately his body cam footage wasn’t available as his body cam wasn’t working that day( I think he switched it off) either that or they have seen it and realised how awful his behaviour was! Unfortunately shortly after this happened my nanna passed away so this took priory at the time which resulted in me putting it to the back of my mind and forgetting it ever happened 😩 I really hope he isn’t still out there he’s a menace!
Phil58

Post by Phil58 »

He certainly is. And what he has just done to me and my son is horrendous
I have put.a post up roughly describing what happened. I'm going to prosecute marstons then foing for his license to be.revoked