CAG - Absolutely Shocking

John The Baptist

CAG - Absolutely Shocking

Post by John The Baptist »

I rarely view that forum but had to do some research on there today. I came across this very recent thread:

OP:
Just had a visit from a HCEO.......

Andy Orch:
fees will be added to your debt when a bailiff is involved.

£75 will be added to your debt when the initial ‘Notice of enforcement’ letter is sent
£235 +7.5% of the debt’s value over £1,500 will be added when the bailiff makes their first visit
£110 +7.5% of the debt’s value over £1,500 will be added if the bailiff comes back to remove your goods

OP:
I thought that HCEO acting on a CCJ get to charge more?

DX100uk:
not if the org debt was under £1500 no.......trying to fleece you as they always do.
I know that they only seem bothered about advertising revenue and donations but at what cost? It's not like this is an isolated incident either. I don't know about other sections of the site but certainly the bailiff section ought to be shut down - There is far more incorrect information posted on there than there is accurate stuff.
zeke

Re: CAG - Absolutely Shocking

Post by zeke »

You only just noticed?

One of the reasons I created this board in 2012 is to protect innocent people from that kind of advice.

The CAG board seems to be moderated by unemployed people who dont have a life outside the internet.

I had a client who said the mods are generally mentally I'll and on benefits.

A simple question is met with questions to edify the mods about the OPs circumstances creating pages of meaningless nonsense making the OP no closer to the answer.

Donations and advertising revenue doesn't make any money. It's been tried and tried again, flogging a dead horse.

Most browsers have adblockers and a 2018 change in search algorithms devalued the search rank of discussion posts in search results caused a decline in forum use.

Boffins in Mountain View realised that discussion forum advertisements produce low quality pay per click sales results for advertising customers.
delta157

Re: CAG - Absolutely Shocking

Post by delta157 »

Haven't posters been sending posters private messages to get them to pay for advice on other sites as well?

Bitch feasts and the like. It just turned out to be nothing more than who's who and who can give the most wrong advice?

Given that 10 years of it has been relentless. No one has really benefited in the end, posts locked people banned and for what?

A few quid and and a dented ego. Nothing is worth all that agro is it?

Gone are the days of help. It's all about ego nothing more now