CSA Passport and Driving Licence

CSA/CMS, Rent arrears, VAT, Capital Contribution Orders, all other debts not listed above
MrMe

CSA Passport and Driving Licence

Post by MrMe »

Hi, just received a letter from the CSA suggestion they are going to apply to court to have my passport and driving licence revoked due to non payment of a liability order. Is this a scare tactic or do they actually apply and are successful?

Like most I need my driving licence for work, also my passport, sometimes I need to go abroad for work, rare as it is.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and replies.
zeke

Re: CSA Passport and Driving Licence

Post by zeke »

Apparently they can stop a passport and driving license. The DWP have God-like powers.

Its often to their own detriment if those powers are abused.

Taking a driving license often backfires because a it puts workers on benefits, and that is classed a "change of circumstances". A re-assessment ends all new child support liability.

Save for Transport for London, but UBER drivers are particularly vulnerable.

If a passport is used for business travel, then a change of circumstances may reduce the liability because it prevents a businessman from carrying on his normal course of work.

I've never seen a passport being confiscated but I've seen people being stopped at passport control and led away to a side room. Its usually benefit claimants with undeclared earnings or making false disability claims.