council tax

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
pcn

council tax

Post by pcn »

hi ya ive had jacobs knocking on my door for quite a few week. ive offered weekly payments. straight reply in full £549.87 took pictures of my car yesterday the silly man dosnt no its a hazard so he can have it. ive just looked at removal notice and it dates back to 19/7/2016 to be honest i dont think i was working then thanks
PCN
zeke

Re: council tax

Post by zeke »

The notice of enforcement only has a service life of 12 months from the date of issue.

Get the PCN number and call the Traffic Enforcement Centre on 0300 123 1059 - press 4 to skip robots, then ask the DATE of the warrant.

It might well be out of time.

If you offer a bailiff weekly payments, they will trouser your money.

Bailiffs don't want end of life cars because it costs them more than it's worth.
pcn

Post by pcn »

its council tax not traffic offence lo
pcn

Post by pcn »

would i not contact the magistrates from were it was issued ????????
zeke

Post by zeke »

If its council tax, then the liability order that carries the debt runs for 6 years. but the enforcement power, technically runs indefinitely, albeit any money outstanding. Section 9 of the Limitation Act 1980.

No need to contact the magistrate's court. A liability order application is merely a procedural one. Issuing a summons is only to get the debtor to acknowledge the liability. It cannot be challenged.