PROOF OF SALE

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
LUCYLOCKET

PROOF OF SALE

Post by LUCYLOCKET »

My friend has also got Council Tax Arrears and they are being chased by another firm of Bailiffs/ EA's.

In their front garden there are two run down pick up trucks which are worth £500 approx. between them. They were sold by my friend to their own Daughter - she paid them money into their bank, and they gave her a receipt but they are still registered in my friends name.

This is a problem I said - as they will still try and threaten to take them - so am I correct in saying they should send off the log books in the Daughters name urgently? They only haven't bothered as they all live together and haven't got round to it.

Who is the actual legal owner of them at this time? There has been no bailiff visit to take control etc so I figure they have time to register them correctly.

Many thanks for any advice.
:)
zeke

Re: PROOF OF SALE

Post by zeke »

The logbook proves nothing. Only the flow of money from the buyer to the seller.

If the trucks are off road (SORN) bailiffs won't be interested in taking them. It will cost them.more than their worth to scrap them.
LUCYLOCKET

Re: PROOF OF SALE

Post by LUCYLOCKET »

That's what I suspected...

Well, she can prove the flow of the money - daughter paid set amount into her Parents account for both trucks - she wants to do them up! Neither are SORN though - so should she still get the Log Books Changed and print off the financial transactions through their banks?

Thank you